How many nodes are in the network?
網絡中有多少個節點?
Honestly, I don't even know.
老實說,我都不知道。
I should've never agreed to build this thing in the first place.
我一開始就不該答應建這玩意兒。
Look, why don't we start over?
聽著,不如我們重頭來?
Tell me how you constructed the network.
告訴我你是怎樣建立這個網絡的。
Maybe it's better if I just showed you.
我還是直接指給你看吧。
This is it. This is one of my routers.
就是這個。這是我的路由器之一。
How large is your coverage area?
你的覆蓋面積多大?
All five boroughs.
全部紐約五區。
All five?
全部五區?
Yes.
是啊。
Installing that many antennas would surely raise some suspicion.
裝這么多天線肯定會引起懷疑的。
That's just it.
這就是關鍵所在。
They didn't have to install them.
他們不用安裝。
The antennas were already there.
那些天線本來就有。
VHF television antennas.
超高頻率電視天線。
You can still find them on most rooftops in the city.
你仍然能在城里很多建筑的屋頂找到它們。
It's been too long, John.
久違了,約翰。
What have you been up to?
最近在忙什么?
It's...complicated.
這個說來話長。
Now that is an unexpected development.
還真是出乎意料啊。
What can I do for you, Detective?
有什么需要幫忙的,警探?
I'm looking for information on a gang called The Brotherhood.
我在尋找已個叫"兄弟會"的黑幫的信息。
They kidnapped a kid, and I want him back.
他們綁架了一個孩子,我要救他。
Sorry to say I don't know much about this Brotherhood.
很遺憾我不是很了解這個兄弟會。
It's run by a guy named Dominic.
他們的頭目叫多米尼克。
We haven't met yet.
我沒見過他。
Do you know why they took the kid?
知道他們為什么要綁架這孩子嗎?
They're squeezing his old man to build some kind of communications network that the cops can't tap.
他們逼迫孩子的爸爸去建立個警察無法監聽的網絡。
They gave him a deadline, midnight, or they'll kill his son.
他們給了他一個截止時間,午夜,不然就會殺了他兒子。
Why midnight?
為什么是午夜?
Might have to do with someone called The Whale.
也許跟一個叫鯨魚的人有關。
I heard they're bringing him in for a meeting.
我聽說他們要帶他來見面。
The Whale isn't a person, John.
鯨魚不是一個人,約翰。
It's a shipment of heroin.
是批海洛因。
Four times a year, a truck comes up from Mexico.
一年四次, 一輛卡車會從墨西哥開過來。
It's driven to a location, usually a house, and for one night, the most protected house in the city.
車會開到一個地方,通常是去一間屋子,當天晚上,那屋子就是全紐約戒備最森嚴的地方。
And there it's cut and packaged for couriers waiting to deliver it all along the eastern seaboard.
他們會在那里分袋包裝給把毒品一路運去東海岸的毒販。
HR used to handle The Whale, but since their demise, the Cartel's struggled to find a reliable partner.
以前是HR負責鯨魚,但自從他們倒臺,毒販集團就想再找個靠得住的合作搭檔。
It could be Dominic creating his own opportunity.
那就是多米尼克在努力爭取。
Ambitious and smart.
野心勃勃,老謀深算。
Reminds me of me in my youth.
讓我想起我年輕的時候。
A little advice, Detective, maybe steer clear of this Dominic.
給你點建議吧,警探,最好避開這個多米尼克。
I'm afraid I can't do that.
這恐怕做不到。
Which brings me to the other reason I'm here.
這提醒了我我在這里的另一個原因。
I'd like to hire you.
我要雇你。