Lost,《迷失》
A:Can I bring you something?
甲:請問您要點什么?
B:Could I have an espresso, please?
乙:請給我來杯意式濃咖啡。
A:Yes, immediately.
甲:好的,馬上來。
B:What sort of business brings you to Berlin?
乙:你來柏林有何貴干?
A:I'm a headhunter. A corporate recruiter. What do you do?
甲:我是個獵頭。就是招聘專員。你做什么工作?
B:My employer is an economist. He works in emerging markets. Actually, I...I don't really understand what he does, which doesn't matter since all I do is shop for him. And if this goes off, I'm at his side instantly, which is wonderful since he,s only in Berlin once or twice a year.
乙:我的老板是個經濟學家。他專門研究新興市場。亊實上,我…我不太了解他的工作。不過這沒關系,因為我只是幫他購物就行了。如果這東西響了,我就得馬上出現在他面前。不過他一年只來柏林一兩次,所以其實這差事很棒。
A:Which is why you're enjoying a luxuriously long midday coffee.
甲:所以你才能在這里享受奢侈的午間咖啡。
B:Yes.
乙:是啊。
A:Thank you.
甲:謝謝。
B:Do I…know you from somewhere?
乙:我是不是…在哪見過你?
A:I'll tell you exactly where you know me from... if you let me take you to dinner.
甲:我可以確切地告訴你在哪里見過我…如果你允許我請你吃晚飯的話。
B:This is the restaurant you're taking me to tonight. 8 o'clock.Well... if you can find it.
乙:這是今晚你請我吃飯的餐館,8點,當然…如果你能找的到。