The Big Bang Theory,《生活大爆炸》
A:Excuse me,Dr.Cooper.I'm Kathy O'Brien.I just finished reading your paper reconciling the black hole information paradox with your theory of string network condensates,and it just took my breath away!
甲:打擾一下,庫伯教授,我是凱 西?奧布萊恩。我剛拜讀了您的那篇利用鏈性網狀結構固化物解決 洞資訊矛盾的論文,讓我驚嘆地喘不過氣來!
B:Maybe when I publish it,I'll include an inhaler.
乙:也許等它發表的時候,我會考慮多加個呼吸器。

A:Would you possibly have any time for me to pick your brain?
甲:有沒有可能給我點時間向您討教呢?
B:Let's see.Today is Thursday.Thursday nights,I eat pizza from Giacomo's,sausage,mushrooms,light olives.
乙:讓我想想,今天是星期四。星期四晚上我吃吉亞科莫餐廳的彼薩,要放香腸、蘑菇、少量橄欖油。
A:Great.I'll bring it to your place.I have the address.
甲:太好了。我會帶到你家去。我有你的地址。
B:What a nice girl!
乙:多好的姑娘啊!
A:Sheldon,do you see what just happened here?
甲:謝爾頓,你知道剛才這里怎么回事嗎?
B:Yes,I'm getting a free pizza.I'm on a roll! More pad Thai,please.
乙:當然,我有免費披薩吃了。我好運連連喔!請再來點泰國菜。
A:Seldon,you've already had four servings.
甲:謝爾頓,你已經吃了四盒了。
B:You might want to slow down a bit,buddy.
乙:你該吃慢點,伙計。
A:Just one more bite.
甲:就一小口。
B:Sheldon? Sheldon,are you okay?
乙:謝爾頓?謝爾頓,你還好吧?
A:I'm just so...full.
甲:我只是…太撐了。
B:That's it.No more Thai food.
乙:夠了。以后再也不吃泰國菜了。