Scotch, neat.
蘇格蘭威士忌,純的。
Make it a double.
雙份。
That good, eh?
心情那么好?
Let's see.
讓我們來看看。
I lost my job today.
我今天丟了工作。
Top it all off, they canceled my flight.
更慘的是,我的航班被取消了。
Sorry.
真遺憾。
I'm a journalist.
我是記者,
That comes with the territory.
家常便飯了。
You religious?
你信教嗎?
Seriously?
真的嗎?
That's the line you're going with?
你就這么搭訕的?
No, I'm just curious if you believe in a higher power.
不,我只是好奇你是否信仰更高層的力量。
Imagine if the world had utterly changed, and no one had noticed a thing.
想象下如果這世界已經徹底改變了,卻任何人注意到任何事。
I'm talking about an international stealth operation to acquire and shutter every company researching artificial intelligence.
我說的是一個跨國秘密行動,目標是找到并關閉每一家研發人工智能的公司。
Artificial intelligence?
人工智能?
That's a real thing?
那是真實的東西么?
Oh, it's here.
哦,它在這兒呢。
I think an A.I. slipped into the world unannounced, then set out to strangle its rivals in the crib.
我認為某個人工智能已悄然降世,正著手把它的競爭對手都扼殺在搖籃中。
And I know I'm on to something, because my sources keep disappearing.
我知道我肯定是查到點子上了,因為我的線人不斷消失。
My editor got reassigned.
我的主編被調任。
And now my job's gone.
現在我又被炒了。
More and more, it just feels like I was the only one investigating the story.
我越來越感覺自己是唯一在調查此事的人了。
I'm sorry.
抱歉。
I'm sure I sound like a real conspiracy nut.
我聽起來肯定像個滿嘴陰謀論的瘋子。
No, I understand.
不,我明白。
You're saying an artificial intelligence bought your paper so you'd lose your job and your flight would be canceled.
你的意思是有個人工智能買下了你工作的報社,所有你丟了工作航班還被取消了。
And you'd end up back at this bar...where the only security camera would go out.
你只得來到這間酒吧,酒吧里唯一的監控攝像頭壞了。
And the bartender would have to leave suddenly after getting an emergency text.
而酒保在他收到一條緊急短信后必須突然離開。
The world has changed.
這世界已經改變。
You should know you're not the only one who figured it out.
你應該知道你不是唯一知曉的人。
You're one of three.
只是三個人之一。
The other two will die in a traffic accident in Seattle in 14 minutes.
另外兩人會在14分鐘后會死于西雅圖的一場車禍。