I've seen the movie before.
這部電影我看過了
Cut me some slack.
別這樣
I've been gone for a while
我不在那么長時間
and apparently I missed the cinematic genius that is Zac Galifinak...is?
很明顯我錯過了這部天才之作,主演是扎克·加利費安納...基斯
I mean, with mom, when you and dad disappeared,
說到媽媽,你和爸爸失蹤之后
she spent more and more time at home.
她留在家里的時間越來越多
Eventually stopped going out altogether.
最后干脆不再出門
What snapped her out of it that time?
那時是什么讓她振作起來的
Walter.
沃爾特
One morning, he showed up and, you know, when he gets all British and Stern-like.
有天早晨,他突然出現,你懂的,他身上洋溢著英倫紳士的氣質
"Moira, get dressed. We're going out for lunch."
"莫伊拉,換好衣服,我們出去吃飯"
And, I mean, it worked.
這招很有用
You know, I've been thinking.
我一直在想
Maybe Walter wasn't abducted.
或許沃爾特沒被劫持
Maybe he's having some mid-life crisis and he's with some stewardess in Bora Bora,
或許他遇到了某種中年危機,或許他正和某個空姐在博拉博拉島纏綿
and he's too ashamed to call home and say that he's okay.
他不好意思打電話回家告訴我們他沒事
Just because we haven't heard from him doesn't mean he's...
只是我們沒有他的消息不代表他已經...
He's gone, right?
已經死了,對吧
Right.
對
So what strikes me is that this vigilante was actually making a difference.
我注意到,這個治安維持者起了很大的作用
In the four months that he was active, assaults were down, muggings down.
在他展開行動的四個月里,故意傷人和搶劫的犯罪率均有下降
The murder rate dropped by 16%.
謀殺的犯罪率下降了16個百分點
So in a very quantifiable way,
這些量化的結果顯示
this man in the hood had been a positive force in this city.
這名戴著兜帽的男子已經成為了保衛城市的中堅力量
So where has he been for the past six weeks?
那么這六周他去了哪里呢
Looks like everyone's disappearing.
好像全世界都在玩失蹤一樣