It is a tough job.
工作很辛苦,
But I can look after myself.
但我能照顧自己。
You know that.
這你知道。
She's tough, but she's scared about something.
她很堅強,但有什么事讓她害怕。
Given Hansen's job, we've got hundreds of people who could be holding a grudge.
由于漢森的工作性質,有幾百個可能對她懷恨在心的人。
I cut the list to two.
我把范圍縮小到兩個人。
The first is Wheeler, her co-counselor.
第一個是威勒,她的合作律師。
They dated for a few months last year.
去年他們交往過幾個月。
She broke things off.
她分的手。
You got time to talk?
有時間談談么?
Maybe I can buy you dinner.
我請你吃晚飯。
I'm busy. Another time?
我很忙,下次吧?
Is something wrong?
是不是出什么事了?
I've been noticing lately...
我注意到最近…
No, I'm fine, thank you. Thanks.
沒事,我很好,謝謝你,謝了。
And 40% of murders involve some kind of romantic relationship.
而40%的謀殺案都涉及到戀愛關系。
Wheeler's divorced.
威勒離過婚,
One kid.
有個兒子。
Partial custody, alimony. Career stalled.
一半監護權,要出贍養費,事業停滯不前。
The second person I'm looking into is Lawrence Pope.
我第二個調查的人是勞倫斯·波普。
The man Hansen is currently prosecuting.
漢森現在正起訴的人。
Pope's on trial for killing his friends in a drug deal gone bad, stole $1/2 million in cash.
波普被起訴是因為毒品交易中翻臉殺了幾位朋友還偷走了50萬現金。
Pope's gang may be targeting her for reprisal.
波普的幫派或許會找她報復。
When we got there, the scene was colorful.
我們到達現場時,場面五彩紛呈。
Five dead.
五人死亡。
One of them had managed to crawl ten feet to a phone to dial 911.
當中一個在地上爬了三米,好去伸手抓電話打911報警。
Detective Fusco, when you interviewed Mr. Pope, what did he tell you in his defense?
弗斯科警探,當你給波普先生錄口供時,他當時是怎么給自己辯解的
He said that if he'd have shot the poor bastard, he would have shot him in the head.
他說如果是他開槍殺那可憐蟲,他會沖著他的腦袋開槍。
Quote, "Same as I always do," Unquote.
原話是 "我一貫的風格"。
He said he wouldn't have left him there half-dead, blubbering for his girlfriend.
他說他不會殺人殺個半死,任他為女朋友哭鼻子。
No more questions, your Honor.
我問完了,法官大人。
Detective...You went a little off script in your testimony.
警探,你作證時描述過火了。
You never told me about that conversation, And it could clear Pope's name.
你從沒跟我說起那段對話這可能會使波普免罪的。
What's it matter? We got the guy.
有什么關系呢?我們都抓到他了。
It matters because it's my job to make absolutely sure that the wrong people don't go to jail.
當然有關系,我的工作就是為了確保監獄不會關錯人。
Do you remember?
記不記得?
Excuse me, I thought we were on the same team.
不好意思,我以為我們是一伙的。
Something's gone wrong with her case.
她的案子出了問題。