The Big Bang Theory,《生活大爆炸》
A:Let's go out tonight. I have to go out tonight...
甲:讓我們今夜狂歡吧,今夜我一定要狂歡…
B:What the hell is that?
乙:那是什么鬼叫聲?
A:I don't know, but if cats could sing...They'd hate it, too.
甲:我不知道,但是如果貓能唱歌…它們也會恨這歌聲。
B:You want to prowl, be my night owl...Hey, guys! Hi! Where you going?
乙:你伺機徘徊與我共度良宵…嘿,伙計們!嗨!你們要去哪?
A:What? We just had to mail some letters and...throw away some chicken.
甲:什么?我們只是去寄幾封信,然后…把一些雞肉扔了。
B:You'll never guess what just happened.
乙:你們肯定猜不到剛才發生了什么。
A:Oh, I give up.
甲:哦,我棄權。
B:I don't guess.As a scientist, I reach conclusions based on observation and experimentation…Although as I'm saying this, it occurs to me you may have been employing a rhetorical
乙:
A:device rendering my response moot.
甲:我不猜,作為一名科學家,我只通過觀察與實驗得出結論…雖然我這么說,我卻覺得你可能一直都用的是設問句,而且不想聽到這種答案。
B:What was that?
乙:什么意思?
A:Believe it or not, personal growth. What happened?
甲:信不信由你,那是自我成長。發生什么事了?