Growing Pains,《成長的煩惱》
A:Ok, but did you actually hear Kevin say that he thought you look like a gummy bear?
甲:好吧,那你真的親耳聽到凱文說他認為你長得像小熊軟糖?
B:No, but Melissa said she heard he said it.
乙:那倒沒有,可是梅麗莎說她聽凱文說過。
A:Why do you believe everything Melissa said she heard?
甲:那為什么梅麗莎說什么你就信什么呢?
B:Well, she does make me wonder sometimes. I mean she swore she saw Mick Jagger in Jiessie Panny last week.
乙:呃,有時候她的確是讓我感到懷疑。我的意思是,她發誓說上星期她在杰西潘尼店里看到了米克賈格。
A:Well, they did have that big sale on home furnishings.
甲:哦,那家店的確有家具大減價活動。
B:Dad.
乙:爸爸。
A:Come on. I just think that you should take your cues about what Kevin thinks from what Kevin says himself.
甲:要我說嘛,想知道凱文到底是不是這么想的,你得聽他親口說才行。
B:Yeah, you're right. I need new ice skates.
乙:嗯,你說的很對,我得買雙新的溜冰鞋。
A:Did I miss something?
甲:我錯過了什么嗎?
B:Well, everybody's gonna be at skating rink tomorrow night and I can ski by Kevin and see if he says anything to me.
乙:明天晚上我們要去溜冰場。到時候我就挨著凱文滑,看他跟我說什么。
A:Tomorrow morning you and I go down to the Macy's and we buy a brand new pair of skates who knows maybe we'll run in the Tina Tuma in smaller blanks.
甲:明天上午咱們就去美西百貨公司給你買雙新的,沒準在商品小柜臺還能遇上蒂 娜.特納,這也說不準哦。
B:Thanks dad.
乙:謝謝爸爸。