Hey, Dunphy.
Dunphy,你好啊。
Hey.
嗨。
Just checking out this tree.
我就過來看看這棵樹。
Oh, yeah, it's really messy, right? And it makes the house so dark.
是挺討厭的吧?把房間遮得那么暗。
But the...the rats love it, so...
不過老鼠喜歡,所以...
Yeah, no worries. I'm gonna cut it down. I don't want all this sap all over my lawn couch.
別擔心,我打算砍了它。免得戶外椅上全是樹液。
Well, I wouldn't fire up your chainsaw just yet, Ronnie. It's a very competitive market.
先別急著開鋸,Ronnie。這房很搶手。
Is there another buyer?
還有別人想買嗎?
I really shouldn't say.
這話不太方便說。
Is this...is this one of those realtor tricks?
這是你們賣房的伎倆吧?
No.
不。
Where you're trying to get me to raise my offer?
就是想讓我加錢嘛?
Oh, no.
不。
Well, it's working. All right. I'll throw in another 50 grand.
我還真吃這套。好,再加五萬。
What? ! That's a terrible idea!
什么?!別干傻事!
I'm not losing the house. I had the best sex of my life in there.
這房我買定了。在里面滾床單最爽了。
When? !
啥時候的事?!
Excuse me, Ms. Crank.
不好意思,母夜叉老師。
Plank. Ms. Plank?
Plank,是Plank老師?
Yes?
有事嗎?
Hi. I sa...Oh. A frowny-face stamp. I didn't know they made those.
我看到... 印了個小哭臉。怎么還有哭臉印章。
I had to special order it from Germany. May I help you?
我專門從德國訂制的。有何貴干?
Uh, well, we're Lily's parents.
我們是Lily家長。
Is there a problem?
有什么問題?
Not so much a problem, no.
也不算問題。
No, more of an opportunity for you to lighten your workload.
其實是給您減少點工作量。
Maybe turn that frowny-face stamp upside down.
能讓您的小哭臉樂一樂。
Let me guess...you've heard there's an opening in young Miss Sparrow's classroom.
我猜猜。你們得知Sparrow小老師班上有個空缺。
What? What? - Miss who? - Is this...- Do you...an opening?
啥?神馬?- 哪個老師?- 是說...- 您... 少個人嗎
No.
不。
Oh, I'm sorry. Forgive me for jumping to conclusions.
對不起。原諒我不該妄下結論。
By all means, tell me why you're here.
那你們說說有什么事。
Well, we...we've just, uh, stopped by, uh, in the neighborhood to say hello. To say hi. Say hello. - Hi.
我們只是正好路過,打個招呼。打招呼,問個好。- 嗨。
And, also, um...About this opening in Miss Sparrow's class that you suggested for Lily.
還有Sparrow老師的事,既然您建議Lily轉班。
Is that something that you would...That you would think would be a good idea?
您是覺得轉班...比較好嗎?
Parents are not allowed to choose their children's teachers.
家長無權挑孩子的老師。
No, and, of course, I would never suggest special treatment for Lily even if she is a...a former orphan and minority and...and daughter of two gay men.
不,我們沒想搞特殊,雖然Lily以前是孤兒,是少數民族,還有倆同志爸爸。
That's a big load on those little shoulders.
小孩子負擔很重的。
Are you suggesting that your daughter is at a disadvantage because she's being raised by gay parents?
你們意思是你家小孩有兩個爸爸所以不如別人嗎?
Is it working?
要這樣能說服您咩?
Okay. You know what?
這么說吧,老師。
Look. Uh, we just don't think that Lily responds to your, uh, teaching methods, and we think she would be happier in Miss Sparrow's class.
我們只是覺得 Lily不太習慣您的教學方法,去Sparrow老師班里她會更開心。
We would all be happier in that new-age drum circle she calls a classroom.
整天搞稀奇古怪的玩樂不正經上課,誰都會更開心。
Okay, well, we didn't mean to offend you. We're not saying you're any worse than her.
我們不是想冒犯您。不是說您比她不好。
She.
比她差。
Ma'am?
什么?
"Than she." That's proper English. It's too bad Lily won't learn it.
"比她差”。這才是正確語法。可惜Lily沒機會學了。
So she can go.
你同意她轉班了嗎。
As far as I'm concerned, she's gone already. One more child left behind.
我只當她已經走了。又一個孩子跟不上了。
Okay, you know what? No. Lily will be fine, 'cause she's gonna have the chance to thrive in a more supportive environment.
告訴您,Lily肯定沒問題,她可以在友好的環境里健康發展。
Yeah, you don't need to worry about she.
沒"不對",不勞您操心她。