Wow! That's a kicking outfit.
哇哦,你打扮得真不錯。
Well, thank you, sweetie. I clean up well for a wetback, don't I?
謝謝你,甜心。我這個墨西哥人,打扮的還不錯吧。
Look, I'm not some sort of racist. I just want what's best for my baby girl.
我只是想為我的小女孩做最好的打算,我不是種族主義者。
I mean, why should I settle for middle-class Mexicans when I know I can find rich white folks to adopt her?
我為什么要考慮中產階級的墨西哥人?我完全可以找到有錢的白人來收養她。
Please, do I look middle class to you?
拜托,我看起來像是個中產階級嗎?
Well, you didn't seem all that rich in Mr. Beale's office.
在Beale先生的辦公室里,你看起來并不是那么有錢。
I mean, when I brought up the idea of gifts to your husband,
當我提出向你的老公要點禮物,
he acted like he couldn't even afford a Harley.
他表現得就像是連輛哈雷都買不起的樣子。
So is that what it's going to take to change your mind?
這么說一件禮物就可以改變你想法?
A gift? Fine. What do you want?
是嗎?好吧,你想要什么?
I don't know.
我不知道。
You like jewelry?
你喜歡珠寶嗎?
Well, here.
給你。
Are these real diamonds?
這些是真的鉆石?
Honey, the one in the center is three karats.
寶貝,中間的那個有3克拉。
I never touched a real diamond before.
我以前沒有接觸過真的鉆石。
Well, my husband and I can expose you to a lot of nice new things.
我和我老公可以給你很多的好東東。
Well, only if I let you have my baby.
只要我給你們孩子。
Well, like they say, there's no such thing as a free lunch.
就像他們說的,天下沒有免費的午餐。
Okay.
好吧。
Really? Just like that?
真的?就這樣?
Just like that. Of course, we probably shouldn't tell the lawyer about our understanding,
就這樣,當然你最好不要告訴律師我們之間的協議,
because then we'll have to deal with percentages and all that.
因為那樣的話,我們就不得不計算清楚。
I always hated math.
我總是討厭數學。
What's wrong?
怎么啦?
You never gave a crap that we were Mexican, did you?
你其實對我們是墨西哥人壓根不在乎,是嗎?
Not really.
是的。
So why put me through this?
那為什么要這樣折騰我?
Because I thought if it looked like you weren't going to get my baby
因為我想,如果弄得好像你得不到孩子,
that you might be just a bit more generous.
可能會使你變得大方一些。
Wow. You're a lot smarter than I thought.
哇,你比我想象的要聰明。
I'm smarter than everybody thinks.
我比任何人想象的要聰明。