Hello there! I thought you and yourfriend might like some snacks.
你們好!我想你和你的朋友會想吃點點心。
He's my lawyer and this is privileged communication, so get out.
他是我的律師,這是私人談話,所以請你出去。
Andrew, there's no need to be rude.
Andrew,沒有必要那么粗魯。
This is very kind of you, Mrs. Van de Kamp.
非常感謝,Van de Kamp太太。
Well, I'm still appalled that you're helping my son with this ridiculous emancipation scheme,
我仍然覺得很驚訝,你會幫助我的兒子進行這件荒謬的獨立計劃,
but you are a guest in my house and guests get sandwiches.
但是,你是我家的客人,客人應該享用三明治。
You know, if you'd let me go to his office, you wouldn't have to pretend to be nice to him.
你知道,如果你讓我去他的辦公室,你就不用假裝對他友好。
Andrew, there may be a judge out there stupid enough to emancipate you,
Andrew,或許真有足夠愚蠢的法官會讓你獨立,
but until you find him, I retain all my parental rights.
但是在你找到他之前,我保有所有父母的權利。
One of which is to ground your sorry behind until kingdom come.
其中一點就是,要你閉門思過。
Mr. Bormanis, nice to see you again, and,um, please don't get crumbs on my carpet.
Bormanis先生,很高興再見到你,還有,嗯,別把碎屑弄再我的地毯上。
You have got to get me out of here. That bitch is driving me crazy.
你得想辦法讓我離開這里,那婊子都快讓我瘋了。
This case is not a slam dunk.
這件事沒那么容易。
Her drinking was supposed to be our silver bullet, but since she joined AA...
她酗酒曾是我們的攻擊點,但自從她加入了嗜酒者互誡協會…
"We've got to do something, because if she wins, she's going to own me.
我們得做些事情,因為如果她贏了,她就擁有我。
My advice? Convince her it's in her best interest to let you go.
聽聽我的建議?說服她讓你走,是對她最有利的。
You don't want to see the inside of a courtroom.
你不想上法庭。
Why?
為什么?
In family court, appearance means everything.
在家事法庭上,外表決定了一切。
If she came off abusive or stoned or even uncaring, we'd be in good shape.
如果她表現出粗魯、酗酒、或者甚至是冷漠的,我們會呈現出好的一面。
But if there's one thing your mom understands...
但如果你媽媽知道其中一點…
It's presentation.
她會做戲。