Yeah? Hi. No, no, no. We were just out buying some stuff for the baby.
喂? 你好。不,不不。我們正準備出去給孩子買點東西。
What's up? Seriously. Okay. Thanks for calling.
怎么了?真的。好的。謝謝你打電話來。
What is it?
發(fā)生什么事了?
That was our lawyer. Libby rejected us as parents.
我們的律師,Libby拒絕我們做孩子的父母。
Why?
為什么?
Because we're Mexican.
因為我們是墨西哥人。
What? That's discrimination. It's illegal. We could have her arrested.
什么?為什么?那是種族歧視,這是違法的,我們可以送她進牢。
It's her baby. She can do whatever the hell she wants to with it. Damn it.
這是她的小孩,她想怎樣就可以怎樣該死。
No! No, you don't just toss people aside because of the color of their skin.
不! 不,你不能因為他們的膚色把別人丟在一邊。
We tossed those birth mothers aside because of their appearance.
我們把那些生母拋在一邊,就是因為她們的外表。
Well, that's different.
那不一樣。
Why?
為什么?
Because I've read the constitution and it does not protect ugly people.
因為我讀了憲法,它并不保護那些丑陋的人。
Let's not fight about it. It's over. Let's just move on to the next one.
別再為這事爭了,結束了,我們可以找另外一個。
No. No, no, no. I want that woman's baby, and I'm going to get it.
不,不不不,我要那個女人的小孩,我會得到她的。
And just how are you going to go about doing that?
那你想怎么得到?
Well, first of all, I'm going to show her one of our tax returns.
首先,我要給她看我們其中一份稅收。
Once she sees how much money we have, I have a hunch we're going to look a whole lot whiter.
等她知道了我們有多少錢,我有預感我們會看起來象個白人。