1、forfeit
(因違反規定等)被沒收,喪失
He was ordered to forfeit more than £1.5m in profits.
下令沒收了他 150 多萬英鎊的盈利。
He argues that murderers forfeit their own right to life.
他辯稱殺人犯本身已經喪失了生存的權利。
(尤指為獲得他物)主動放棄
He has forfeited a lucrative fee but feels his well-being is more important.
他主動放棄了可觀的酬金,覺得自己的健康更加重要。
Do you think that they would forfeit profit in the name of safety?
你認為他們會為了安全而放棄利潤嗎?
2、suppose
假定;假設;設想
Suppose someone gave you an egg and asked you to describe exactly what was inside.
假設有人給了你一枚雞蛋并要你準確描述雞蛋里面有什么。
Supposing he's right and I do die tomorrow? Maybe I should take out an extra insurance policy.
假設他是對的,我確實明天就會死,那該怎么辦?也許我應該再買一份保險。
(根據所知)認為,推斷,料想
The policy is perfectly clear and I see no reason to suppose that it isn't working.
這項政策非常清楚明了,我沒有理由認為它不會奏效。
I knew very well that the problem was more complex than he supposed.
我很清楚那個問題比他料想的要更復雜。
我看;要我說;我想
I get a bit uptight these days. Hormones, I suppose.
這些天我有點焦躁。我看是荷爾蒙在作怪。
I suppose I'd better do some homework.
我看我最好做做功課。