Hello. Eli. I'm surprised. How are you?
你好。伊萊。真意外,你怎么樣?
Good. Good, Mr. State's Attorney. I have some great news for you.
很好,州檢察官先生。有些很棒的消息。
The governor has reconsidered. He wants to endorse you.
州長重新考慮了。他想支持你。
Well, that is music to my ears.
這可真是個好消息。
When did that happen?
這是什么時候的事情?
There's just one thing I need you to do for me, James.
但我要你做件事,詹姆士。
Peter's a proud man. You'll need to ask him again.
彼得是個自尊心很強的男人。你得再去拜托他一次。
Why?
為什么?
He can't be seen reversing himself without you making some effort.
你花點力氣讓他回心轉意,這樣才體面。
I'm not going to kiss the ring again, Eli.
我不會再去拍他的馬屁,伊萊。
I know, you don't have to. I'll arrange for a meeting tomorrow afternoon.
我知道,你也沒必要。明天下午我會安排一次會面。
Trust me, it's just a formality. I'll see you then.
相信我,這就是個形式。那到時候見。
Okay. Huh?
好吧?
Your father's a smart man.
你父親可是個聰明人。
How'd your preliminary go?
你的預審怎么樣了?
Well, I told the public defender what you said. He said he'd try it. Thanks.
我對公設律師說了你教我的話。他說他會試試,謝謝。
Sometimes the law is nothing more than calling another man's bluff.
有時候法律就是對別人虛張聲勢。
Well, you could help me with something else, Cary.
你還能幫我個忙,凱里。
What?
什么?
Bishop. He wants me to cut your finger off. I told him you were okay, I didn't need to. You knew who your friends were.
畢夏普,他要我切掉你一根手指。我告訴他你不錯,不需要這么做。你知道自己該站在哪一邊。
I do.
我知道。
Yeah, so that's why I'm here. To remind you.
所以我到這兒來是為了提醒你。
I mean, you talk to the SA, you ask about any kind of deal, you're dead. You understand?
你要是去找檢察官跟他做交易,你就死定了。明白了嗎?
I do, I do. I do.
我明白,我明白。
Good. Nownow, I have to do this, all right? You fell down against the bars and you cut yourself.
現在,我必須這么做,好嗎?你跌在鐵欄上,割傷了自己。
What? Even to your lawyer, that's what you say. You fell down against the bars, you cut yourself. You're not sure how. Just yell at guard.
什么?即使對你的律師你也這么說,你跌在鐵欄上割傷了自己,你也不知道怎么回事。然后你喊警衛。
What?
什么?
It's a test, all right? Bishop wants to help you, but he needs to know you understand. So, count to four, and yell at guard.
這是個測試,畢夏普想幫你,但他需要知道你是自己人。所以,數到四然后喊警衛。
Guard...Guard!
警衛,警衛!
I just fell down. It's nothing serious.
我只是摔了一跤,沒什么大不了的。