1、discover
發現(以前不知道的事實)
She discovered that they'd escaped.
她發現他們已經逃跑了。
I discovered I was pregnant.
我發現自己懷孕了。
(偶然)發現;找到(一直在尋找的某人或某物)
A few days later his badly beaten body was discovered on a roadside outside the city.
幾天后,他的尸體在城外的路邊被發現,身上有被嚴重毆打過的痕跡。
初次接觸(某活動并樂在其中)
I wish I'd discovered photography when I was younger.
我要是早點接觸到攝影技術就好了。
Discover the delights and luxury of a private yacht.
體驗私人游艇的樂趣和奢華。
2、confuse
混淆;搞錯
Great care is taken to avoid confusing the two types of projects.
大家非常謹慎,以免把這兩類項目弄混。
I can't see how anyone could confuse you with another!
我不明白怎么會有人把你和另外一個人搞混!
把…弄糊涂;使困惑
German politics surprised and confused him.
德國政治既令他驚訝,又讓他困惑不解。
攪亂;使復雜化
To further confuse the issue, there is an enormous variation in the amount of sleep people feel happy with.
使問題進一步復雜化的是,每個人需要的睡眠時間千差萬別。
3、turn out
(以某種方式)發生;最后是;結果是
If I had known my life was going to turn out like this, I would have let them kill me.
如果我早知道自己的人生結局會是如此,我當時寧愿讓他們殺了我。
Sometimes things don't turn out the way we think they're going to.
有時事情并不像我們認為的那樣發展。
(尤指天氣突然)變得(晴好)
It's turned out nice again.
天氣又突然轉好了。
原來是;結果發現
Cosgrave's forecast turned out to be quite wrong...
科斯格雷夫的預測最后證明是大錯特錯。
It turned out that I knew the person who got shot.
結果發現我認識那個中槍的人。
關掉,熄滅(電燈、煤氣等)
I'll just play until the janitor comes round to turn the lights out.
我會一直玩到門房過來熄燈。