So, honey, the meat loaf…it's, um, it's a little burnt.
哦,甜心,這個肉餡糕…它有點燒糊了。
Oh, right, I was talking to Susan on the phone and I left it in a little longer than I should've. Sorry.
噢,當時我正和Susan講電話,我把它放鍋里時間長些了,對不起;
It's okay.
沒事。
Is it that bad?
有那么糟嗎?
No. No, not bad at all.
不,不,一點都不。
Oh, good .Parker, don't put your elbows on the table. Come on.
恩,好,Parker別把你的胳膊放在桌上,快點。
But you'd agree it wasn't your best effort.
不過你答應你不會全力放在工作上的。
Huh?
什么?
The meal, the task you agreed to take on.
做飯 你答應負責的任務。
You'd agree that you didn't give it 100%, right?
你答應不會全心放在上面,對吧?
Tom, if you're gonna make a point,
Tom如果你想說什么,
why don't you do it now before I hurl the plate at you.
最好現在就在說出來 別等我拿盤扔你。
Nobody gives 100% of his effortall the time because they can't.
沒人能一直全心投入,因為他們不可能做不到。
It is impossible.
那是不可能的。
You do the best you can with the time and energy you have.
在你時間和精力有限的情況下只需做到最好。
Stop right there. This is meat loaf.
別說了,這只是肉餡糕。
Your presentation was business.
你說的是生意。
You're saying the client deserves more effort than your own family?
你是說客戶比你自己的家人還值得你放更多精力?
Okay. So if I apologize for upsetting you at work, can we get past it and enjoy our meal?
好,如果我為工作時讓你難堪了而向你道歉的話。我們能不說這個了,繼續吃飯嗎?
Absolutely.
當然。
I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I am sorry
對不起 對不起 對不起
Thanks
謝謝
So, boys, how do you enjoy the meat loaf?
孩子們,肉餡糕怎么樣?
It's a little salty.
有點咸。
Yeah.
嗯。
Just eat it.
吃吧。