When I heard that you two wanted to try for another child, I was delighted.
我聽說你們想要第二個孩子,我實在很高興。
But I had some cause for concern. Gabrielle,
但是我也有些擔心,Gabrielle,
you suffered some extensive injuries during your fall last month and the test confirmed there are complications.
上個月摔下樓之后傷勢比較嚴重,測試表明有并發癥。
You can't have kids?
你不能生孩子了?
Well, the doctor's not a hundred percent positive, but it's very, very iffy.
醫生還不是完全肯定,但是很有問題。
Carlos, I am so sorry. I know how much you wanted to be a dad.
Carlos,我感到很遺憾。我知道你很想做爸爸。
Thanks.
謝謝了。
Don't be so suicidal. We can always adopt.
別當世界末日似的,我們可以領養孩子的。
I wanted to have a child of our own. You know that.
我只是要個自己的孩子。你知道的。
What does it matter whose D.N.A. it is? The diapers are still going to smell the same regardless.
誰的遺傳基因有什么重要?尿布味還不是都一樣
I'd just prefer not to adopt. Okay?
我就是不喜歡收養,行嗎?
Fine. What about surrogacy? I mean, I know it's pricey,
好。代母生育怎么樣?雖然價格不菲,
but at least the baby would look like us, and I wouldn't get stretch marks. It's a win-win.
但是至少孩子會像我們倆,而且我也不會留下妊娠紋,一舉兩得。
Great. So then we have some stranger off the street giving birth to our child.
好極了,那我們就在路上隨便拉個不認識的人給我生孩子,
Is that what you really want?
這就是你希望的?
What I want is for you to lighten up.
我希望的就是你能高興點。
We don't have a lot of options and you're going to have to pick one.
我們沒那么可選的,你只能撿一個。