Selected Scene 2
場景 2
Dancers: Where's Myra anyhow ? It's almost 8:00 and we've got to get to the theater. I tell you, I just tremble for the poor girl. You're always trembling. Maybe she went directly to the theater, That's right, she's probably waiting for us there. I hope so. Back in the dormitory, Myra show Kitty a dress she's just bought.
舞蹈演員:邁拉到底在哪里?快8點了,我們得去劇院了。我告訴你,我在為那可憐的女孩發抖,你總是在發抖,也許她直接去了劇院。對,她也許在那里等著我們,我希望如此。 回到宿舍,邁拉給凱蒂看她剛買的衣服。
Kitty: Well, where have you been? I've been worried to death. I thought you were with the boy but he phoned a couple of times.
凱蒂:噢,你到哪里去了?我擔心死了,我還以為你和那男孩在一起,但他打來了好幾次電話。
Myra: Oh, did he? I wonder why. He had to go back to the barracks and I went shopping.
邁拉:噢,是嗎?我不知道為什么。他得回營房,而我買東西去了。
Kitty: Hey what's happened to you, whose dress is that?
凱蒂:嘿,你怎么了,那是誰的禮服?
Myra: It's mine.
邁拉:是我的。
Kitty: Yours?
凱蒂:你的?
Myra: Yes, I spent my last penny on it.
邁拉:是的,我花完了所有的錢。
Kitty: Are you crazy?
凱蒂:你瘋了嗎?
Myra: Yes, quite, quite, and I bought that lovely hat, and shoes, and a bag, and gloves, and oh isn't it a dream, Kitty, my wedding dress.
邁拉:是的,我瘋了。我買了那頂可愛的帽子,還有鞋子、手提包和手套,噢,真像是在做夢,凱蒂,這是我的結婚禮服。
Kitty: Oh, Myra... you don't mean...
凱蒂:噢,邁拉……你不是說……
Myra: Yes! I'm going to be married.
邁拉:是的!我要結婚了。
Kitty: Oh darling come here, let me hug you! Oh it's wonderful... when, when, how?
凱蒂:親愛的,過來,讓我擁抱你!噢,太好了……什么時候,什么時候,怎樣舉行?
Myra: Tomorrow morning at St. Matthew's Church. Oh Kitty, I am so madly happy.
邁拉:明天上午在圣馬修教堂。噢,凱蒂,我快樂得快要瘋了。
Kitty: Oh, darling, I can't believe it.
凱蒂:噢,親愛的,我簡直無法相信。
Myra: Neither can I.
邁拉:我也是。
Kitty: It's so silly, I'm crying.
凱蒂:真傻,我要哭了。
Myra: I've been crying all day.
邁拉:我都哭了一天了。
Kitty: It's unbelievable, things like this just don't happen, It's so wonderful. Oh, what a joke on Madame!
凱蒂:真難以相信會發生這種事,太好了。噢,對夫人來說是一個多大的玩笑??!
Lydia: Kitty, are you coming?
麗蒂婭:凱蒂,你們一塊去嗎?
Kitty: Yes, all right, wait a second. You're coming to the theater, aren't you?
凱蒂:是的,好,等一下。你要去劇院,是嗎?
Myra: Yes, of course. I wouldn't let Madame down for anything.
邁拉:當然是,我無論怎樣也不會讓夫人下不了臺的。
Kitty: Then we'd better hurry. come on! Oh, girls... girls. Hey Lydia, girls, girls, what do you think, Myra's going to be married. May I tell the theater?
凱蒂:那我們最好快點兒。快!噢,姑娘們……姑娘們。嘿,莉迪亞,姑娘們,姑娘們,邁拉要結婚了,你們怎么想?我可以告訴她們嗎?
Myra: Darling, you seem to have done it.
邁拉:親愛的,你好像已經說過了。
Lydia: when is it?
麗蒂婭:什么時候?
Kitty: Tomorrow morning.
凱蒂:明天上午。
Lydia: What's his name?
麗蒂婭:他叫什么名字?
Kitty: Roy Cronin.
凱蒂:羅伊·克羅寧。
Girl: well, Mrs. Cronin, I declare!
女孩:好,我宣布,克羅寧太太!
Girl 1: I'm so happy for you, Myra.
女孩一:我真為你高興,邁拉。
Lydia: Oh, by and large, darlings, you're all so sweet. I feel like crying, too. But we haven't got the time, come on girls, we leave for the theater. Come on girls.
麗蒂婭:噢,親愛的,總的來說,你們都太好了,我都快哭了。但我們沒時間了,快走,姑娘們,我們去劇院吧,快,姑娘們。