You still following the money trail?
你還在追查錢的流向
Don't we have accountants for that sort of thing?
這事不是應該由會計來做嗎
They're being singularly ineffective in this instance.
這種情況下他們沒什么用
Well, then...
那么
It's fortunate that I've solved the mystery.
幸運的是我已經解開這個謎團了
I think I'm the culprit.
我想我就是犯人
2.6 million is a rather specific figure.
260萬是個特殊的數字
That's the exact amount the company invested
那正是公司三年前投資到一家
in a friend's startup venture 3 years ago.
朋友的初創企業里的精確數額
I will call accounting. They'll clean it all up.
我會呼叫會計,讓他們負責處理好
Then there's nothing to worry about.
然后就沒什么好擔心的了
Ok.
好的
You really are putting a lot of hours into this Declan thing.
你在這個德克蘭的案子上可真是花了不少時間
You actually think he's innocent.
你真相信他是清白的
Someone does.
有人相信
So you said,
你這樣說了
but you didn't say who.
但你沒說是誰
The guardian angel.
守護天使
The guy in the hood?
戴兜帽的那個家伙嗎
Look, you'reyou're kidding.
你是在開玩笑吧
He tracked me down and asked me to look into the Declan case.
他跟蹤我,要我查看德克蘭的案子
But you've met him?
你見過他了
But he goes against everything that I was ever taught to believe in.
他相悖于我曾被告知要去相信的一切
He breaks the law and God knows what else.
他違反了法律,誰知道還有什么
How are you not afraid that he is gonna do God knows what to you?
你怎么能不害怕他會對你些什么
He won't.
他不會的
I don't know. I can feel it.
我不清楚,我能感覺得到
You know, when I told you to meet someone,
我是讓你去見見別人
this is far, far away from what I meant.
但這和我的本意差太遠了
I got your message.
我收到了你的資訊
Is there a reason we can't do this face to face?
為什么我們不能面對面交談
You've met with Peter Declan.
你見過彼得·德克蘭了
You were right.
你是對的
He might be innocent.
他很有可能是清白的
Declan said his wife blew the whistle on Brodeur
德克蘭說他的妻子在遇害當天
the day she was murdered.
揭發了布洛德
Then we need to get whoever she told about Brodeur to testify.
我們要找出她向誰告發了布洛德,來做證人
He already has.
那個人已經作證了
Matt Istook, Camille's supervisor.
馬特·伊斯托克,卡米爾的主管
Only, he says that she didn't say a word to him.
只是,他說她什么也沒對他說過
He could be lying.
他可能在說謊
Well, if he is, then he's very convincing.
如果真在說謊,那他的確很有說服力
He had the jury and police believing him.
他讓陪審團和員警都相信了他
He hasn't been questioned by me.
他還沒有被我審問過
I didn't become a lawyer
我做律師
to break the law or hurt anybody.
不是為了違法或是傷害誰
I do what's necessary,
我做的是必要的事
what people like Peter Declan need.
正是彼得·德克蘭這種人需要的
If what you're doing isn't wrong...
如果你做的沒錯
Then why are you hiding your face with a hood?
為什么還用兜帽遮住臉
To protect the ones I care about.
為了保護我在乎的人
That sounds lonely.
聽起來很寂寞
It can be.
有時會
But not today.
但不是今天