You two not speaking?
你們兩個不講話?
Don't hardly know him.
不太認識他
I met Frankie right after my 37th birthday.
我在37歲生日之后遇到了弗蘭基
He was picking up cut work.
那時他干的工作是給拳手包扎傷口
He used to patch me up when I thought it was impossible.
我認為不可能的時候 他總能給我包扎好
Good man to have in your corner.
有他在賽場邊真不錯
Yes, he is.
是啊
He stayed with me through my Iast fight in San Berdu.
我最后一次比賽,在圣伯蒂諾 他也陪了我全場
My manager was off getting drunk2 somewhere... 我
的經理喝醉了,不知所蹤
...and it was just Frankie and me.
只有我和弗蘭基
I was taking a hellacious beating.
我被打得暈頭轉向
Everybody's got a particular number of fights in him.
每個人最多能參加多少比賽 都有個數字
Nobody tells you what that number is.
沒人告訴你那個數字是多少
Mine was 1 09.
我的是109場
I just didn't want to admit it.
我只是不愿承認
Fourth round, this...
第四回合
...cut opens up.
這里被打開了口子
BIood starts pouring into my eye.
鮮血擁進我的眼睛里
They should've stopped the fight, but, hell3, I was a black man in San Berdu.
他們本應該終止那場比賽的 但是,媽的,我是個在圣伯蒂諾的黑人
BIood was what I was there for.
我到那里就是去流血的
Round after round, I kept getting Frankie to patch me up.
一回合接著一回合 我不斷地讓弗蘭基給我包扎
...but he ain't my manager, he can't throw in nothing. ...
但他不是我的經理人 什么也不能扔
He's talking about throwing in the towel...
他想扔毛巾認輸...
Round after round...
一回合接著一回合...
...he's arguing with me. ...
他一直跟我爭吵
And I'm almost Iaughing because, hell, it's getting more to him than to me.
我幾乎是在笑他,因為,媽的 好象是打在他身上似的
I go 1 5 rounds...
我打了15回合
Next morning, I Iose the eye.
第二天早上,我的眼睛沒了
In 23 years, he's never said a thing about it.
23年來,他從來沒說起過這件事
Doesn't have to. I can see it in his face every time he Iooks at me.
沒這個必要 每次他看我,我都能從他的臉上讀出來
Somehow...
某種程度上
...Frankie thinks he should've stopped that fight...
弗蘭基認為自己應該終止那場比賽
...should've saved my eye.
可以挽救我的眼睛
Spends his Iife wishing he could take back that 1 09th fight.
他一生都希望能收回那第109場比賽