When I was 14,
我14歲時
it seemed like all I did was work.
仿佛一直在工作
I worked at school.
在學校時工作
Four score and seven years ago,
87年前 (林肯 葛底斯堡演說)
our forefathers brought forth from this continent a new nation,
我們的先輩在這個大陸上創建了新的國家
conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition
她孕育于自由之中
that all men are created equal.
奉行人人生來平等的信條
I worked at home.
在家時工作
Sometimes I even went sleep-working.
有時我甚至邊睡邊工作
But the one thing I always did for fun was go to the movies.
看電影 是我唯一的消遣
Man,did you see Purple Rain?
嘿 你看了"紫雨"嗎? (音樂鬼才Prince'王子'的自傳電影)
Yes!
看了
"Why don't you stay awhile,see how it's done?"
"為何不等上片刻 看結果如何?"
Man,did you see Rambo?
嘿 你看了"第一滴血"嗎? (史泰龍主演動作片)
Yeah.
看了
"Do we get to win this time,sir?"
"我們這次會贏嗎?"
Man,did you see Beverly Hills Cop?
嘿 你看了"比佛利山警探"嗎? (埃迪墨菲主演動作喜劇)
"Here,why don't you go ahead and take this banana?"
"你為什么不徑直拿走香蕉呢?"
The one big movie I missed was Ghostbusters.
可"捉鬼敢死隊"這部大片 我卻錯過了
"I got slimed."
"我被粘上了"
"Man,that chick is toast."
"小妞真美"
Are they still talking about Ghostbusters?
他們還在討論"捉鬼敢死隊"嗎?
Yeah. It's only the biggest movie out this year.
是 這是今年最火的電影
I can't believe you haven't seen it.
不敢相信你居然沒看
Have you seen it? No.
你看了嗎? 沒
Well,then what are you talking about?
哦 那你憑什么說我?
I thought you saw everything. I kept missing it.
我以為你什么都看過 - 這部錯過了
Now the only place it's still playing is the dollar theater.
現在這片只在一美元影院上映
But popcorn still cost eight bucks.
但爆米花仍要賣8美元
And this is the last week.
而且這是最后一周
Maybe we can catch it on Saturday.
也許我們周六能趕上
It leaves Thursday.
周三就沒了
Forget it. We'll just have to see it when it comes out on video in four years.
算了 等4年后出錄像了再看吧
Back then,that was quick.
在當時 這已經算快了
I'm not waiting four years.
我等不了4年
Class...
同學們
I just want to let you know that I won't be here tomorrow
明天我沒法來上課
because I have a funeral to attend.
要參加葬禮
Who died?
誰死了
My sister.
我姐姐
Oh,I'm sorry.
真遺憾
Thank you,Chris.
Chris 謝謝你
It's hard because I don't have 19 or 20 other siblings like you.
我很難過 畢竟我不像你有十幾二十個兄弟姐妹