Then why can't I come up to your school?
那我為什么不能去你學校?
You can come up to the school,just not tomorrow.
你可以來學校啊 只要不是明天
Well,what's the big deal about tomorrow?
明天有什么事嗎?
Nothing-- that's what I've been trying to tell you.
我只想告訴你 沒什么事
That's not what I asked you.
我問的不是這個
I know,I'm just saying that tomorrow nothing's going on.
我只是說明天沒什么特別的事
Then why are you making a federal case out of it?
你干嘛小題大做?
I'm not. You are.
我沒有 你有
Mom,when you can come up to the school,I'll let you know.
媽媽 有合適的時間 我會讓你來學校的
Okay. Okay.
好 好
That went well.
還算不錯
Okay,um...
好 嗯
Daddy,can you come up to our school,too?
爸爸 你也來我們學校嗎?
No,baby,I have to renew my driver's license tomorrow.
不成 我明天要去續辦駕照
Baby,I thought you did that already.
我以為你已經續辦過了
A new license costs 17.50.
新駕照要17.50元
And I'm not giving them people my money until I have to.
不到必要時刻我是不會付錢的
My father waited until the last possible moment to pay for everything
爸爸總是等到最后一刻才付錢
and I mean everything.
真的是所有情況下
Your meter's only got a minute left.
你的咪表只剩一分鐘了
When that quarter runs out, I'll put in this one.
等那枚兩毛五用完了 我就把這枚投進去
Baby,you're almost out of gas.
寶貝 快沒油了
When that gas runs out, I'll put in some new gas.
等油沒了再加
Push.
用力
Push.
用力
Julius,would you just pay the man,please?!
Julius 你能不能快把錢付給他
When the baby's all the way out,
當小孩完全出來后
I'll give him all the money.
我會把錢都給他
Well,you better get up there early 'cause you know how those lines are.
最好早點去 你知道排隊的人很多
Yeah,I'm going to be there when the door opens.
是的 那兒一開門我就去
I'm going to take my picture,pay my 17.50
我去照相 付了17.50元
and be back home by 9:00.
然后在9點前回家
While my father was trying to cut costs,
我爸正想著減少開支
I was trying to cut class.
我正想著翹課
Man,this is going to be so cool.
伙計 這太酷了
Wait,you never cut school before?
等等 你從沒翹過課嗎?
I've had perfect attendance since kindergarten.
從幼兒園起我的出勤率就堪稱完美
Well,listen,if you don't want to do this,I understand.
聽著 如果你不想翹 我完全理解
I wouldn't want to mess up your record.
不想讓你晚節不保
Nah,it's cool.
噢 這很酷啊
Who knew that in the future this one unexplained absence
誰會知道這次肆意缺課
would keep Greg from getting into Harvard?
在日后會讓Greg上不了哈佛呢?
If we get caught,I can just say it was your fault.
如果被抓住 我可以說是你的錯
Same thing happened to Colin Powell.
柯林·鮑威爾這么說過 (前美國國務卿 困于伊拉克核武器事件)
The only thing I'm worried about is,
我唯一擔心的是
what if people miss us?
大家想起我們怎么辦?
Like who?
誰會呀?
They only person that'll miss you is me.
唯一會想你的人是我
The only person that'll miss me is you.
唯一會想我的人是你
Things aren't much different now.
直到今日 情況也沒多大變化
What about when they take attendance?
點名怎么辦呢?
Oh,I got Pedro to cover for us.
噢 我讓Pedro幫我們了