As class president,
我以為當了班長
I thought things would change for me,
處境會有所變化
but I couldn't have been more wrong.
但我大錯特錯了
When you two are done,see me in my office.
你們兩個打完后來辦公室見我
Who are you?
你是誰?
Mr. Edwards. New principal.
Edwards老師 新校長
You were fighting.
你們在打架
Why?
為什么?
'Cause he hates black people,
因為他恨黑人
and I'm a black person.
而我是個黑人
That's a lie. I love Michael Jordan.
他撒謊 我喜歡邁克爾·喬丹
I think Gary Coleman is hysterical.
覺得"蓋瑞寇曼"很滑稽 (紅極一時的搞笑黑人童星)
And don't even get me started about Billy Ocean.
更不用說有多喜歡"比利歐生"了 (黑人靈魂樂手)
"Caribbean Queen. "
"加勒比皇后 "
That's a very good song.
這首歌不錯
See?
說了吧?
Just because you watch Soul Train don't make you Don Cornelius.
你看過靈魂列車 不等于你能成為"唐-康納琉斯" (唐-康納琉斯:靈魂列車音樂大獎制作人)
Mr. Edwards,he has been picking on me
Edwards先生 他從我第一天進學校
since the first day I came to this school.
就一直找我的茬
Is that true?
是這樣的嗎?
Yeah.
是的
All right,Caruso,you can go.
好了 Caruso 你可以走了
What?
什么?
Why?
為什么?
Before coming to Corleone,
來Corleone之前
Principal Edwards was on a self-imposed,
Edwards校長有自我強迫癥
three-year vow of silence.
沉默寡言了三年
Keep your filthy hands off of my school lunch program!
不許你的臟手碰我的學校午餐項目!
You get the hell out...!
你滾出去...!
Which he allegedly began two minutes after cursing like a madman
據說他像瘋了一樣大聲咒罵
and knocking out the teeth of his former boss.
并把以前老板的牙齒都打掉了
Have you ever consered the possibility
你有沒有想過
this is your fault?
可能是你錯了?
That's what they said to Rodney ng.
他們就是這么對"羅德尼·金"說的 (羅德尼·金一案: 毆打金的白人警察被判無罪)
My fault?
我的錯?
He's threatened by you,Chris.
他受到了你的威脅Chris
Your very presence makes him doubt
你的出現讓他質疑
his ability to succeed.
自己能否取得成功
He always succeeds in punching in the face.
他總能成功地給我的臉一拳
He's using you as a manifestation of his angst.
他覺得你是他不安的來源
Subsequently,he's trying to quell his anxie by conquering you,
所以 他要征服你以消除他的不安
thereby conquering his fear.
以此來克服他的恐懼
By punching me in the face?
所以要給我的臉一拳?
Exactly.
正確
So you want me to just let him do it?
所以你要我縱容他的行為?
Have you thought about trying to see things
你有沒有嘗試
from his point of view?
站在他的立場上思考?
So you want me to punch him in the face?
所以你想讓我給他的臉一拳?
No.
不
Have you ever seen the film The Defiant Ones?
看過逃獄驚魂嗎?
The Defiant Ones? No. What's that?
逃獄驚魂? 沒有 是什么?
Two men are shackled together
兩個人被銬在一起
while trying to escape from prison
他們要越獄
one white,one black,one educated,one...
一個白人 一個黑人 一個受過教育 一個...
They learn they have to depend on each other or perish.
他們知道只能共存亡
That's what I'm going to do for you.
我也要對你們這么做
You're going to chain us together and put us in jail?
你要把我們銬在一起送進監獄?
Yeah! Figuratively.
對! 相似的做法
I'm taking some students on a field trip tomorrow.
我明天要帶學生做實地考察
You and Caruso are going to come along.
你和Caruso也來
Have your mother sign this.
讓你媽媽簽這個
To help you and Caruso
讓你和Caruso
learn to depend on each other,
學會互相依靠
I'm going to employ the buddy system.
我要采用伙伴制
The buddy system?
伙伴制?
Chris,you and Caruso are going to be buddies.
Chris 你和Caruso會成為伙伴
Just like the Crips and the Bloods.
就好像Crips和Bloods(兩個黑社會幫派組織)?
well i was perfent Caruso in a whole new way,
我正準備看見一個全新的Caruso
Tonya was working on a new look,too.
而Tonya也打算弄個新形象
Mom...
媽媽...
can I borrow your clip-on hoop earrings?
我能借你那個帶夾子的環形耳環嗎?
No.
不行
But all my friends are wearing pink shirts and hoop earrings.
但我所有的朋友都穿粉裙子 戴環形耳環
I'm not your friends' mother.
我不是你朋友的媽媽
I don't know,Mom. Earrings may draw away attention from her big,old head.
媽媽,也許戴個耳環別人就不會注意她的大腦袋了
You got a big head.
你才是大腦袋
You're head-mo-knotty, got more head than you got body.
你頭大身小
Your head so big,your hat got two floors.
你的頭太大了 帽子有兩層樓高
Your head so big,you got to put on your shirts feet first.
你的頭太大 上衣只能從腳下開始穿
Your head so big,it has a moon.
你大頭大 像月球
Eh,hey- all right. Enough now.
嘿- 夠了
Tonya,why don't you wear your flower earrings?
Tonya 為什么不戴花耳環?
u're too young for hoops, that's women's jewelry.
你太小了不能戴環形耳環 那是成年女人的首飾
And I'm not going to have people looking at my daughter like that.
我能讓別人以那種眼光看我女兒嗎
Like what? Like this.
什么眼光? -這種眼光
You see the earrings on that girl?
看見那女孩的耳環了嗎?
Everybody else has them.
別人都有
Well,if everybody else got a butt whooping,
別人屁股挨板子
would you want one,too?
你也要嗎?
Where's Chris? He left early.
Chris呢? 他早走了
He had to go on a field trip.
他得去做實地考察
hey Dad, Check it out. I got a hundred on my spelling test.
嘿 爸爸 看一下 我的拼寫測驗得了一百分
All right. My man!
不錯啊 兒子!
I was thinking...
我在想...
Could I get a hockey jersey since I got a hundred on my test?
能給我買件曲棍球衫嗎 因為我考了滿分?
You're supposed to get a hundred, you don't get a prize for doing well.
考滿分是應該的 做了好也不會有獎勵
My father never rewarded good behavior.
我爸爸從不獎勵好人好事
Dad,I cleaned out the tub.
爸爸 我把浴缸洗干凈了
You're supposed to clean the tub, it's your dirt ring.
本來就該你洗 你最臟
Hey,Dad. I fixed the heater.
爸爸 我把暖氣修好了