Keisha was the first girl I ever really cared about.
keisha是我第一個真正喜愛過的女孩
Even though she never really cared aut me.
即使知道她從來沒喜歡過我
When I found out her family was moving,
當得知她要搬家時
I was sad to see her go.
我還是很難過
Hey,where y'all moving to?
嗨 你們要搬去哪兒?
We're going to this place in California.
加里福尼亞的一個地方
It's supposed to be really,really nice.
非常非常好的地方
Palm trees and lawns
那里有棕櫚樹 草坪
and no violence and no crime.
沒有暴力和犯罪
Well,what's it called?
那地方叫什么名字?
Compton.
肯普頓
I always wondered how that worked out for them?
我在想他們到那里后會怎么樣...
Bust a cap in 'em!
卡住了!
Get down,Keisha!
趴下 Keisha!
Get down,girl,get down!
低下點 小姑娘!
So do you miss Keisha?
你想念Keisha嗎?
Do you mean do I miss being rejected,ignored
如果我會懷念被拒絕被忽視和
and humiliated?
被羞辱的日子的話...
Yeah,sort of.
有點
Why don't you just hang out with somebody else?
你怎么不約別的女孩?
I don't like anyone else.
除了她 我不喜歡別的女孩
And nobody else liked me.
其實是別的女孩不喜歡我
Hey,who's that?
嘿 那是誰?
That's just Yvette.
是 Yvette.
She lives around the corner.
住在拐角那邊的
You know,she's kind of cute.
我說 她挺可愛的啊...
Man,you don't want to mess with her.
你什么眼光
The first girl you ever like is always tough to get over.
喜歡過的第一個女孩是很難忘記的
She holds a special place in your heart.
她在你的內心擁有獨特位置
So I decided to lower my standards.
所以我決定降低下我的標準
I heard she'll go out with anybody.
我聽說隨便誰都能把她約出去
Really?
真的?
Now that's my kind of girl.
這正是我要找的女孩
Since I didn't want to make the same mistakes with Yvette
因為不想在yvette身上犯
that I made with Keisha,
我在keisha那犯的同樣的錯誤
I needed a different approach.
我得換個辦法
What do you know about her?
你了解她么?
Nothing much.
不多
Just that she's supposed to go out with a lot of different types of guys.
只知道她會隨便跟各種人出去
Perfect.
很好
You should do something simple.
就簡單點好了
Something you haven't tried before.
干點你以前沒干過的
I can't just walk up to her and ask her out.
我可以隨便走過去約她出去
Have you tried it?
你試過嗎?
Not yet.
還沒
The worst she can say is no.
最壞就是她不答應
Okay then,let's try it.
好吧 我們試試
Try what?
試什么?
You'll be Yvette and I'll ask you out.
你當yvette 我來約你出去
Brokeback Hallway.
走廊里斷臂山?
Right here?
就在這?
It was your idea.
這可是你出的主意
You going to help me or not?
你到底幫不幫我?
Fine. Hurry up.
好吧 快點
Hey,Yvette.
嗨 yvette
So,you want to go out with me sometime...?
有空咱們一起出去吧
No,you skinny black bum.
休想 你這個小癟三
I thought the worst you could say was no.
還以為最壞就是她不答應.
I was improvising.
我即興發揮的
Well,you know,since you're making stuff up
既然你這么喜歡即興發揮
couldn't you have said yes?
說"可以"不行嗎?
He wasn't my type anyway.
他又不是我喜歡的類型
We had only been living in Bed-Stuy for a year
我們在Bed-Stuy住了一年了
when the crime rate started to go through the roof.
犯罪率節節攀升
In the late '90s,
90年代末
they had the Internet boom,
網絡流行
but in the '80s,
而在80年代
we had the crack boom.
快克非常流行 (提純的可卡因藥丸)
It used to take years to become a junkie,
通常要幾年才能成為癮君子
but crack cut that down to 37 minutes.
但快克把這縮短到了37分鐘
Even on my block,
即使在我這個街區
things were starting to get out of control.
局面也開始難以控制了
The muggers were getting mugged.
強盜都會被搶
Let me hold a quarter.
給我2毛5 哈哈
What's up,little man?
想怎樣?
快點給我一塊錢
I'll take that quarter,too.
這2毛5也拿來
But...
可...
Our new next door neighbor was Louise Clarkson.
我們隔壁的新鄰居是個女政治家
She hated our neighborhood,
她很討厭我們這個社區
and was intent on doing something about it.
還想為此做點什么
Well,I can see we're both very busy,
我知道你我都很忙
so I'll just get to the point.
我就直奔主題了
I'm starting a neighborhood block watch.
我成立了個社區監視組織
Why do we need a block watch?
要社區監視小組干什么?
In case you haven't noticed,
你也許注意到了
crime is running rampant in this neighborhood.
這里犯罪猖獗
No,it's not.
沒有啊
This block is fine.
這個街區不錯的
Burglaries are up, assaults,murders.
搶劫 暴力襲擊 謀殺
Is that fine?
這還叫不錯?
I don't know what block, you've been on,
我不知道你是哪個街區的
but this block is okay,
我這個街區還好
but thank you for stopping by.
感謝你過來
Well,thank you.
謝謝你
something on your teeth
你牙齒上有點
I'll see myself out.
我自己出去行了
Okay.
好
Love the couch.
沙發不錯
Neighborhood block watch.
社區監視小組
My mother didn't want to accept that things were getting worse
我媽媽從來不相信治安在變差
until someing happened to us.
直到輪到我們頭上
Rochelle!
Rochelle!
What?
干嘛?
I'm in here.
我在這
My truck got stolen!
我的貨車被偷了
What?!
什么
no!
不可能
I could get fired for this.
我會因此被炒魷魚的
Well,baby,are you sure it's stolen?
你肯定是被偷了?
Maybe you just forgot where you parked it.
可能你是忘了停在哪了
Rochelle,it's not keys, Rochelle
這是車鑰匙
it's a truck.
這可是卡車啊
Even if I forgot where I parked it,
即使忘了停在哪了
you can still see it 'cause it's a truck!
還是能找到的 因為這是卡車啊
Well,don't get mad at me.
別拿我出氣啊
You act like I stole it.
你這樣 好像是我偷的一樣
That's it.
就這么辦
I'm starting a block watch.
我參加街區監視組
That sounds like a good idea.
這聽起來不錯
As soon as I finish this toe.
等我涂完這個指甲...
My mother was a ghetto snob, so to her,
媽媽是個愛面子的人
this wasn't just a block watch meeting.
對她來說 這不是街區監視組會議
It was a Rochelle watch meeting.
而是Rochelle的會
What's all this?
這是什么?
Food for the block watch meeting.
為街區監視組開會準備的吃的
You're supposed to be watching the block,
你們是要看護好這個街區
not feeding it.
不是請他們吃飯
Julius,I can't invite people over here without feeding them.
Julius 不可能請大家來不請吃飯的
People in my neighborhood never got together without bringing food.
我們這地方的人 從不會參加沒有食物的聚會
I am so sorry you got run over by a truck.
你被卡車給軋了我很難過
But I brought you some ribs.
我拿了點排骨來
My baby! They killed my baby.
我的孩子 我的孩子死了
I'm sorry about your baby.
你孩子的事我很難過...
Catfish?
來點鯰魚吧
And besides,how do you expect people to fight crime when they're hungry?
而且你怎么能讓大家 餓著肚子與犯罪斗爭呢
How do you expect me to feed people when I'm broke?
我一文不名 怎么喂飽大家
What you say? Um...
啊 你說什么?
You smell smoke?
哦 真香啊
Asking Greg out was one thing,
跟Greg討論是一回事