Welcome, Leonidas. We have been expecting you.
歡迎,列奧尼達。我們正在等你。
The ephors. Priests to the old gods. Inbred swine. More creature than man.
監督官,是負責祭祀古老神祇的祭司。是群萬世一系的怪種。不像人,反而更像野獸。
Creatures whom even Leonidas must bribe and beg.
就算是列奧尼達也只得去賄賂和乞求這些野獸。
For no Spartan king has gone to war without the ephors' blessing.
只有在他們的祝福下斯巴達的國王才能出征。
The Persians claim their forces number in the millions. I hope, for our sake, they exaggerate.
波斯人宣稱他們有百萬大軍。我由衷希望那是夸大之詞。
But there's no question we face the most massive army ever assembled.
但毫無疑問,我們面對的是一支碩大無比的軍隊。
Before your plan is heard, what do you offer?
在說出計劃之前你有何供奉?
We will use our superior fighting skills and the terrain of Greece herself to destroy them.
我們會以精湛的作戰技巧加上希臘特殊的地形來摧毀他們。
We will march north, to the coast, where I will make sure...... It is august, Leonidas.
我們向北進軍至海岸 在那邊我確信。已經八月了,列奧尼達。
The full moon approaches.
滿月將至。
The sacred and ancient festival. Sparta wages no war at the time of the Carneia.
傳統神圣的太陽神祭祀節。斯巴達不可于節日期間開戰。
Sparta will burn! Her men will die at arms and her women and children will be slaves or worse.
斯巴達會被焚毀!男人會被屠殺,女人和孩子會淪為奴隸,或更悲慘。
Now, we will block the Persian coastal assault by rebuilding the great Phocian Wall.
我們可以重修弗西人的巨石墻用以阻擋波斯軍隊沿海岸的攻擊。
And from there, we will funnel them into the mountain pass we call the Hot Gates.
這樣就可以將他們慢慢擠入 叫做“溫泉關”的隘道。
Now, in that narrow corridor, their numbers will count for nothing.
他們的人數優勢,會喪失在隘道里。
And wave after wave of Persian attack will smash against Spartan shields.
波斯人一波接一波的攻擊會被阻擋于斯巴達的盾墻前。
Xerxes' losses will be so great, his men so demoralized he will have no choice but to abandon his campaign.
薛西斯會損失慘重,軍心渙散,他除了退兵,別無選擇。
We must consult the oracle. Trust the gods, Leonidas.
我們必須請示神諭。相信神吧,列奧尼達。