Submission? Well, that's a bit of a problem.
臣服?呃...這有點麻煩。
See, rumor has it the Athenians have already turned you down. And if those philosophers and boy-lovers have found that kind of nerve, then...
據傳雅典人已經拒絕了你。如果那些清談家和同性戀們都有膽子這么做的話,那......
We must be diplomatic.And of course, Spartans...have their reputation to consider.
我們得注意外交辭令。同時,當然斯巴達人也得考慮自己的名聲。
Choose your next words carefully, Leonidas. They may be your last as king.
列奧尼達,好好斟酌你接著要說的話。可能是你以國王身份說的最后一句話。
Earth and water.
土和水。
Madman. You're a madman.
你瘋啦,你是個瘋子。
Earth and water. You'll find plenty of both down there.
土和水,下面多得是,你自己去拿。
No man, Persian or Greek... No man threatens a messenger.
兩國相交不斬來使,波斯、希臘也不例外。
You bring the crowns and heads of conquered kings to my city steps.
你帶著被征服的國王頭顱和王冠來到我的階前。
You insult my queen. You threaten my people with slavery and death.
你侮辱我的王后。你用奴役和死亡威脅我的臣民。
Oh, I've chosen my words carefully, Persian. Perhaps you should have done the same.
波斯人,嗯,我的確斟酌過了。或許你剛才也該如此。
This is blasphemy. This is madness.
簡直是褻瀆,簡直是瘋狂。
Madness? This is Sparta!
瘋狂?這就是斯巴達!