If you eat... Ten minutes of detention.
你吃東西... 關禁閉10分鐘
If you sleep...
你睡覺...
Ten minutes of detention.
關禁閉10分鐘
If you did anything in detention
在禁閉室里你做任何事
other than sit down and shut up...
只要不是老老實實坐下閉上嘴
Ten minutes of detention.
關禁閉10分鐘
Since I was the new guy in detention,
因為我是禁閉室新來的
everybody tried to get me in more trouble.
每個人都給我找更多麻煩
What?
什么啊?
Ten minutes.
十分鐘
But for what? 20 minutes.
但是為什么? 二十分鐘
I didn't tell my mother I was in detention
我沒告訴我媽我被關禁閉
because then she'd come up to school.
因為那樣她就會來學校
And there's nothing worse than a mad black woman
沒什么比一個發怒的黑女人
at an all-white school.
在一個全是白人的學校里更糟了
I thought I told you to be here, so I pick up my check.
我記得我告訴過你在這待著, 我好去領薪水
I missed my bus.
我錯過公車了
What were you doing that you missed your bus?
你干嘛來的,錯過公車?
Uh, I... uh, I just forgot?
呃, 我... 呃,我就是忘了?
Oh.
哦
So you forgot to come home?
就是忘了回家了
I'll look pathetic and she'll take pity.
我要裝可憐來騙得她的同情
Uh-uh.
呃-呃
What's this?
這是什么?
It's a bucket and a mop...
一個桶和一個拖布
for mopping.
為了拖地
Do the steps, the bathroom and the hall.
去擦臺階、走廊和大廳
This will help you to remember to get your butt home on time.
這會有助于你準時滾回家來
I'm going to pick up my check.
我去領我的薪水
After two days, Tanya hadn't taken a bite of sausage.
兩天過后, Tanya一口香腸都沒吃
And after having it for breakfast, lunch and dinner,
并且早餐、中餐、晚餐都要吃香腸
she wasn't the only one who hated it.
她不是唯一一個討厭吃它的人了
... mm!
...呣呣!
Now, this is good.
這個好吃
Isn't it good, baby?
這個好吃吧,寶貝?
Yeah. Yeah, it's good.
嗯.嗯, 好吃
Mmm!
呣!
It's better than those sausage-o's we had this morning,
比我們今早吃的那些香腸好吃
I'll tell you that.
我跟你說吧
Well, anybody want some cake?
好的,誰還要吃蛋糕?
Does it have sausage in it?
這里面加香腸了嗎?
We didn't usually have cake,
我們一般不吃蛋糕,
but my mother was trying to get at Tanya.
但是我媽是為了Tanya.
Can I have some cake?
我能吃些蛋糕嗎?
You can have some sausage.
你能吃些香腸
I told you.
我說過
Sausage.
香腸
Another day, another sausage
新的一天, 舊的香腸
Look, Tonya, if you don't want sausage,
聽著, Tonya,如果你不想吃香腸
then you're probably better off eating lunch at school, then.
那你最好在學校吃午飯
I hate school lunch.
我討厭學校的午飯
You want some sausage?
你想吃些香腸嗎?
Xie xie nin, Mama.
謝—謝— 您,媽媽
What? It's "Thank you, Mom" in Chinese.
什么? 是 中文的"謝謝你,媽媽"
When my brother got into something, he got into it.
當我弟弟迷上什么就能做成什么
You know, he's getting Asian girls to this very day.
要知道,這些天他還特意交了個亞洲女孩
Chris. Eh! Chris.
哎!
I didn't get my check yesterday
昨天我沒拿著薪水
because I Was late getting over there.
因為我遲到了
I need you to have your behind home on time.
我需要你準時到家
Do you understand me, boy?
明白了嗎,小子?
Yes, ma'am.
是的,長官
How many days did you get?
你還剩多少天?
Three.
三天
Ooh, I better get in there.
哦,我最好趕緊進去了
I can't be late getting home today.
今天不能晚回家
You are late. Ten minutes.
你晚了十分鐘
But I was right outside the door.
但是我就在門口的說
Outside is not inside. 20 minutes.
外面不是里面 二十分鐘
But.. Would you like to try for minutes?
但.. 你想要三十分鐘嗎?
I wonder how many minutes I'd get
我在想要用這本書敲她的腦袋
for knocking her upside the head with this book?
會得到多少分鐘?
Mo.. Eh!
媽.. 呃!
School... Don't...!
學校... 別...!
But... Eh!
但... 呃!
That look means, "Get in this house
那眼神說, "滾進來,
before I smack the wax out your ears."
在我沒把你的耳屎打出來之前"
Baby, just try it. It's good.
寶貝,就嘗一下,很好吃
After a few days of sausage
吃了數日的香腸
for breakfast, lunch and dinner,
早餐、中餐、晚餐
would you believe my mother started running out of ideas?
你能相信我媽已經沒什么主意了嗎
Mmm! Sausage and Pop Tarts.
嗯嗯! 香腸烘餅!
You're eating the sausage.
你得吃,香腸。
Can I talk to you for a minute?
我能和你聊兩句嗎?
Excuse me children, your father would like to talk to me.
不好意思,孩子們, 你們的爸爸要找我聊兩句
Let's talk.
聊聊吧
Baby, if she doesn't eat
寶貝,如果她不吃東西
they could call child welfare on us.
他們會給兒童保障協會 打電話告我們的
Mm-mm, Julius, that little girl is testing me.
不-不, Julius, 那個小丫頭是考驗我呢
And if I let her tell me what she will and won't eat;
如果我讓她告訴吃什么和不吃什么
the next thing you know, she'll be telling me
接著她就會告訴我
what she will and won't wear.
她穿什么和不穿什么
Then, the next thing you know, she'll be telling me
然后她就會告訴我
when she will and won't come home!
她什么時候回家,什么時候不回
And then the next thing you know,
而后她就會
she's going to end up pregnant--
以懷孕收場
and I ain't taking care of no babies.
而我不能照顧這個孩子
My mother always thought anything that Tanya did wrong
我媽媽永遠認為Tonya無論做錯什么事
would eventually get her pregnant.
都會導致她懷孕
And she ain't taking care of no babies.
并且還不能照顧那個孩子
But it's been two days.
但是已經兩天了
Oh, Julius, it's been three days.
哦, Julius, 是三天
Right. Three days.
對.三天
Did you feed her something?
你喂她吃東西了嗎?
Here's a peanut butter sandwich.
這有個花生黃油三明治
When your mama comes down, talk to the side,
你媽下來的時候,轉向一邊說話
so she can't smell your breath.
這樣她就聞不到你嘴里的味了
And eat the crust.
吃了面包皮
I don't like crust!
我不喜歡吃面包皮!
I don't like crust.
我不喜歡吃面包皮!
Just eat it, girl.
吃了吧,寶貝
Would you believe my father had to come back
你能相信我老爸必須回來
and finish the crust?
把面包皮給打掃光嗎?
Julius! I'm sorry, baby. Julius!
對不起,寶貝
I understand what you're trying to do.
我能理解你的想法。