That's for fathers that were too old for Elton John.
這些適合嫌Elton John太年輕的爸爸們
No, thanks. What else you got?
不 謝謝了 你還有什么?
Oh!
噢!
How about these... for your mom?
這些...給你媽好吧?
For Father's Day?
父親節禮物?
Yeah. For him to give to her. No.
對 讓你爸送給你媽 不
Uh, I'm sorry I can't help you out, young blood,
呃 我很抱歉幫上忙 小鬼
but, hey, you come back Mother's Day
不過 母親節你回來的話...
I'll hook you up.
保證你會賓至如歸的
Listen, why don't you watch this for a few minutes?
聽著 你可不可以幫我照看幾分鐘?
I'm gonna run across the street, pay my light bill.
我要過馬路去交電費單
All right? Sure.
好嗎?沒問題
Tell your daddy to call me and happy Father's Day.
叫你爸爸打電話給我 祝他父親節快樂
Back at home, my father still had the house to himself...
鏡頭切回家中 我父親仍然獨霸大屋
Rochelle?
Rochelle?
Chris?
Chris?
...whether he liked it or not. ...
不管他是否真的喜歡
MAN: This proud father goose is no exception.
這只驕傲的公鵝也不例外
He graciously watches over and protects his chicks,
他風度翩翩地監護著他的小鵝們
assuring their safety until they are old enough
確保他們的安全直至他們成年
to fend for themselves.
有能力自保
In the wild, babies are almost never abandoned,
在野生世界里 小寶寶們幾乎從未被離棄
and rarely left alone for any extended period of time.
并鮮有長時間地落單的機會
A great man once said,
一個偉人曾經說過
"Nothing screams louder than the sound of silence."
“沒有任何聲音比寂靜吶喊得更大聲”
I think it was Nipsy Russell.
我想是Nipsey russell(注:已故黑人喜劇演員)說的
Thank you. Enjoy your show.
謝謝大家 請欣賞節目
Hi.
你好
Um, can I have one adult, two children
呃 請給我一張大人票 兩張兒童票
for TradingPlaces, please?
看《交易所》
You must think I'm a fool.
你把我當傻瓜
You want me to believe he's under 12?
你以為我會相信他不夠十二歲?
JULIUS: Yeah,
對
she does.
沒錯
TONYA: Hey! Dad!
嘿!老爸!
ROCHELLE: What are you doing here, baby?
親愛的 你來這干什么?
I missed you guys.
我想你們了
Father's Day without your family
父親節不和家人一起過
it's like not being a father.
就不像父親了
That look means,
那幅表情意味著
"That's what I was trying to tell yo' stupid ass!"
"笨蛋 我早就跟你說過了!"
Come here.
過來
Where's Chris?
Chris在哪里?
Oh, he went to buy you a gift.
哦 他去給你買禮物
But I told... Julius, please, just promise me
我跟你說過 -Julis 答應我
you will act like it's the best gift
你要表現出好像那就是
you've ever gotten, okay?
你收到的最好的禮物 好嗎?
I promise.
我答應你
All right. All right.
好的
Uh, that'll be two kids, two adults
呃 兩張兒童票 兩張大人票
for, uh, Trading Places.
看《交易所》
There you go.
給你
What's this?
這是什么?
Father's Day special two for one.
父親節優惠券:買一送一
Happy Father's Day, Daddy.
父親節快樂 爸爸
I made these for you.
我親手做的
I know you said, don't get you a gift,
我知道你說不要禮物
but I wanted to give you something
但我希望給你送點什么
just in case you changed your mind.
以防萬一你改變主意
Oh! Macaroni-covered slippers!
哦!軟吸管裝飾的拖鞋!
It goes with the macaroni-covered cigar box
剛好跟去年軟吸管煙盒
I got last year.
配套
I know.
我知道
Hey, Dad, I got something for you, too.
嘿 老爸 我也有東西送給你
Oh, what's this?
哦 這是什么?
A bottle of iodine?
一瓶碘酒?
No, no, no, it's cologne.
不不不 是古龍水
I made it myself.
我親手做的
I just couldn't find a bottle
只是我找不到瓶子
to put it in, so I poured
所以我倒掉
the iodine out and put it in there.
一瓶碘酒 放古龍水進去
Boy, that iodine cost 99...
小子 那瓶碘酒值99...
Mm, that smells good.
哇 很香
Thank you, Drew.
謝謝你 Drew 噢 太好了
Oh, man, thank you so much. Chris?
噢 太謝謝你了 Chris?
You know I was about to call the police, right?
你知道我差點報警 是吧?
Hey, Chris, where you been?
嘿 Chris 你去哪里了?
I was trying to find you a gift for Father's Day.
我嘗試給你找一份父親節禮物
Well, I'm sure whatever you got,
我相信不管你送什么
it's-it's fine.
都是很好的禮物
That's the thing-- I looked all over,
事實上 我走了很多地方
but I couldn't find you anything that I thought you would like.
還是找不到你會喜歡的東西
Doesn't matter, Chris.
沒關系的 Chris
I mean, it's the thought that counts.
我的意思是 心意到了就好
So, did you find something?
你找到了嗎?
Not really.
沒有
It's more of, I did something for you.
更確切的說 我為你做了點事情
ROCHELLE: What?
什么?
What is it?
是什么?
It's a receipt.
一張收據
He paid the electric bill.
他交了電費單
Oh, baby, that is so...
噢 寶貝 真的太...
CHRIS: When I asked you if I could get you anything Chris for Father's Day,
當我問你父親節要什么的時候
you said I could help you knock out a bill.
你說我可以幫忙付帳單
That was the only one I could afford.
這是我唯一負擔得起的
Thanks, son.
謝謝 兒子
My father never really cared much about presents,
我父親其實從來沒有在乎過禮物
but giving him a reason to smile was the best thing
但給他一個微笑的理由
I could ever do for him.
是我為他所做的最好的事情
This is the best gift I ever got.
這是我收到的最好的禮物
I'll remember this forever.
我會永遠記住的
Happy Father's Day.
父親節快樂
I'm proud of you, Chris.
我為你自豪 Chris
Becoming more of a man every day.
越來越懂事了
Thanks, Dad.
謝謝 爸爸
You know, I was thinking,
知道嗎 我在想
it might be a good idea if you get a job
也許你找一份工作的確是個好主意
and start paying a bill every month.
就從每一個月交一張帳單開始