The toughest thing about going to a new school
來到一個新學校 最難的事情
was making friends.
就是結交朋友
At my old school, there were tons of kids just like me.
在我以前的學校 像我這樣的孩子有一大堆
But at Corleone, I didn't fit in anywhere.
但是在Corleone, 我跟誰都聊不來
Not with the jocks...
和運動健將不行...
not with the smart kids...
和聰明孩子不行...
not with the troublemakers... Hey, stop it!
和搗蛋鬼不行... 嘿, 別鬧了!
...and definitely not with the theater crowd. ...
還有絕對和 這幫“劇院派”的聊不來
Look at him dance.
看他跳舞的樣子
He went on to become the first Laker Boy.
他想成為第一個 “湖人隊”的男啦啦隊員
The only group I fit in with were the nerds
我唯一能合群的就是這幫蠢蛋
Yeah!
好耶!
Hey!
嘿!
Give it back.
還給我
What'd he say that for?
他說這句話干嘛?
Maybe theater isn't so bad.
也許“劇院派”沒那么糟糕
Man, I'm telling you.
老兄, 我不是蓋的
Bernard King, when he gets hot,
Bernard King手熱的時候
he score 60, 70 points easy, I'm telling you.
得個60,70分跟玩兒似的
Hey, man, check this out.
嘿, 哥們兒, 看看這個
What's that?
什么東西?
All right, well, it's a breakdown on who's got
嗯, 好吧, 這是一個分析
a better front court-- the Knicks or the Lakers.
說的是誰擁有更強大的前場-- 尼克斯還是湖人
因為我和Greg 不能運動,
we talked about them all the time.
我們就整天談論運動的話題
Front court?
前場?
What's the difference who's in the front court
前場強大有什么用
if Magic Johnson is in the back?
魔術師約翰遜可是在后場 (Magic Johnson:湖人著名控球得分后衛)
Good morning, gentlemen.
早上好, 先生們
What was that?
怎么回事?
We got a social studies quiz.
我們該進行社會學測驗了
How do you know? All she said was "good morning."
你怎么知道的? 她就說了一句 "早上好"
Trust me on this, man.
信我一回, 哥們
The word is, she only speaks to the students
實際上, 她唯一對學生說話的時候
when she's giving them a pop quiz.
就是她要搞突擊測驗的時候
I got to warn the others so we can study.
我得去通知其他人一起復習復習了
Magic Johnson has the ball.
魔術師約翰遜得到了球
Three seconds on the clock.
時鐘顯示只剩三秒鐘
Two...
兩秒...
And the crowd goes wild.
全場觀眾瘋狂了
Hey kid!
嘿,孩子!
Kid wait up.
等一下
What's your name?
你叫什么名字?
Are you a student here?
是這兒的學生嗎?
Chris. I just transferd here.
我叫Chris. 剛轉學過來的
I'm Coach Brady.
我是Brady教練
Welcome to Corleone Junior High.
歡迎來到Corleone中學
What I mean is, welcome to the basketball team.
我是說, 歡迎加入籃球隊
The basketball team?
籃球隊?
I didn't try out for the basketball team.
我沒參加籃球隊的測試啊
Son, after a shot like that, you don't have to.
孩子, 你剛才那一投就可以了
All I did was throw away a piece of trash.
我就不過扔了一團廢紙
If a white kid had done that, he wouldt haven'ven noticed.
要是一個白人孩子這樣做, 他根本不會注意的
But 'cause I was black, here's what the coach saw.
但因為我是個黑人, 教練就看到了如下場景
...gets the ball to Dr. J. ...
J博士得到了球 (Dr.J:NBA偉大球星)
He goes inside... Unbelievable!
切入內線... 難以置信!
I know you probably play up at the courts in Harlem.
我知道你也許在Harlem打過球 (Harlem:紐約黑人住宅區)
Uh, no, I'm from Bed-Stuy.
呃, 沒有,我是從Bed-Style來的
They're different?
有區別嗎?
Look, we were five and 20 last season,
聽著, 上賽季我們是20支球隊里的第五名,
but with you...
要是你加入...
I'm asking you, give my program a shot.
我想讓你, 試試我的球隊
Give your program a shot? I can't play.
試試你的球隊? 我不會打
Yeah, right.
哦對
Look, kid, I'm not blind.
聽著, 孩子, 我可不是瞎子
I tried to play basketball once.
我試著打過一次籃球
But I sucked.
但我玩不轉
Ball! Ball!
球! 球!
Ball!
給我球!
I sucked at every sport I tried.
我沒一樣運動玩得轉過
Baseball...
棒球...
Football...
橄欖球...
Like a fool, I even tried bowling.
像個傻瓜一樣, 我甚至試過保齡球
Look, son, I need you on this team.
聽著, 孩子, 球隊需要你
What's your name again?
你叫什么來著?
My name's Chris.
我叫Chris.
Swish. That's you.
嗖嗖. 那才是你
Swish.
嗖
You can suit up on game day.
你可以在比賽日來
We're up against Delio.
我們對Delio
Be at the gym at 3:30.
3:30到體育館
See you at the game, Swish.
比賽見, 嗖嗖
When my mother wasn't working,
我媽媽不上班的時候,
sometimes we would rent out a room upstairs
有時我們會出租 一間樓上的房間
to make ends meet.
以便收支相抵
Are all of these children yours?
這些都是你的孩子?
Um, six of them are.
嗯, 里面有六個是
But I don't know where these other kids came from.
但我不知道其他孩子哪兒來的
Do y'all take food stamps?
你們收食品券嗎? (food stamps:發放給救濟人群的一種糧票)
Hey, hey.
嘿,嘿
I'm tired of this. We've been here 15 minutes,
我試過了 我才來了15分鐘,
and you already acting up...
你就坐不住了...
Go comb your hair and brush your teeth. Comb my hair?
梳梳你的頭,刷刷你的牙吧 梳我的頭?
We don't got no daggone brushes. Why don't you go
牙刷都呲毛啦 你干嘛不去
wait in the car? Go wait in the car.
去車里等我? 去車里等
We ain't got no car. We took the bus.
我們根本沒車 我們坐公車來的
Y'all take food stamps?
你們收食品券嗎?
So, you work at the church?
那么, 你在教堂工作?
Yes!
沒錯!
Yes, I do!
是的沒錯!
And I just need a place, ha
我只是需要個地方, 哈
To lay my weary head, huh
安放我疲勞的腦袋, 哈
Not trying to pay more
最多我只付
Than $300 a month, ha
$300一個月, 哈
And all I need to know, ha
我還想要知道, 哈
Do you take
你們收不收
Food stamps?
食品券?
Hey,
嘿,
you know if that apartment's still for rent?
你知道這兒的房間還出租嗎?
Oh, yeah, it's my place.
哦, 當然, 是我的房子
I'm Julius.
我叫Julius.
Tate. Hey, nice to meet you. Tate.
嘿,很高興見到你
It's clean, and it's nice.
房間很干凈,非常不錯
How much you asking?
你要收多少錢?