Did you put latches on the door upstairs?
樓上房間的門上你安插銷了嗎?
No, why?
沒有, 怎么了?
Oh, nothing.
哦, 沒什么
Listen, I need a favor.
聽著, 幫個忙
Uh-huh?
嘛事?
I got on the basketball team,
我加入籃球隊了,
and I need to learn how to play by tomorrow.
明天之前我要學會怎么打球
The basketball team?
籃球隊?
Man, are you crazy?
老哥,你瘋了嗎?
You know you don't know how to play.
你知道自己不會打的
Didn't I say that?
我不是說了嗎
I just need to know enough to look like I know something.
我只需要知道的夠多, 看上去會點東西就行了
You know how to faint?
你會假摔嗎?
You mean, like, fake somebody out?
你是說, 利用假摔把別人罰出場?
No, I mean, like, fall down
不, 我意思是,摔倒在地
on the ground so you won't have to play.
然后你就不用去比賽了
Okay, thank you so much for calling, Ms. Martella. Ok,
非常感謝您來電話, Martella女士
I really appreciate it.
真的很感謝您這么做
All right, then. Bye-bye.
那好吧 拜拜
Chris!
Chris!
How come you didn't tell me you failed a quiz?
你測驗不及格怎么不告訴我?
You failed a quiz?
你測驗不及格?
Oh, no, no, it gets better than that.
哦, 不, 不, 還不止這點好事
Since he failed that quiz,
因為他測驗不及格,
he can't play in a basketball game tomorrow.
明天的籃球賽他也不能參加了
Thank the Lord!
感謝上帝!
You're on the basketball team?
你加入籃球隊了?
You can't play basketball.
你根本不會打籃球
I tried to tell him that...
我試過告訴他了...
Great!
好極了!
It always killed my father that I was no good at sports.
我運動能力不強 一直很困擾我老爸
But he would never tell me that.
但他從來沒跟我說過這些
My man!
好兒子!
It always killed me that you were no good at sports.
你運動能力不強一直讓我很困擾
I'm sorry I flunked off the team, Dad.
抱歉我被退隊了,老爸
You're not off the team yet.
你還沒有退隊
What?
什么?
Lucky for you,
你很幸運,
your coach got you a make-up quiz.
你的教練幫你弄到了補考資格
Damn!
該死!
That's what I'm talking about.
我就說嘛
So, after dinner, go upstairs and study.
那, 吃完飯, 給我上樓學習去
Because if you don't pass that quiz,
如果你測驗過不了,
I'm going to score 40 on your behind.
我就要在你屁股上得40分(打40大板)
Everybody hates Chris.
人人都恨克里斯
Hey.
嘿.
Oh, hi, Swish.
哦,嗨, 嗖嗖
Good luck with the game.
比賽好運
Hey, hey, wait.
嘿,嘿, 等一下
I wasn't trying to blow you off the other day.
那天我不是故意趕你走
Then why did you?
那你為什么還那樣?
It was just that...
只是因為...
It's just I'm not cool?
因為我不夠酷?
I liked hanging out with Greg,
我喜歡和Greg呆在一起
but a life without daily ass-whuppings
但沒有每日一次 揍屁股的生活
does have its appeal.
也是很吸引人的
No, it's not like that.
不, 不是那樣的
It's just...
只是...
it's kind of good to get a break.
偶爾能放松一下也不錯
All right.
好吧
I mean, I can't blame you.
我是說,我不能怪你
If I were you I'd probably do the same thing.
如果是我,估計也會那樣
Hey, I think I aced the quiz.
嘿, 我的測驗好像還不錯呢
I know I failed it.
我是不及格啦
Wait, but doesn't that mean you can't play ball?
等等, 這不就意味著你不能打球了?
I wish.
我倒希望
Coach Brady found out and he got me a make-up.
Brady教練知道了這事 給我安排了補考
My mom made me study all night.
我媽逼我學了整整一晚
And if I don't pass, she will kill me.
如果我再過不了她會殺了我的
But if you do play everybody's going to hate you.
但如果你參加比賽, 所有人都會恨你的
Not everybody.
不是所有人啦
Just everybody on the team...
只是所有球隊里的人...
everybody who likes the team
所有喜歡這球隊的人
and everybody else.
還有其他所有人
All done.
做完了
I decided to fail the test on purpose.
這次測驗我決定故意不及格
Whatever my mother might do to me,
無論我媽媽怎么收拾我
at least it wasn't 400 of her. You passed.
至少不是四百個媽媽一起收拾 你及格了
What?!
什么?!
Hold on, let me see this.
等下, 讓我瞧瞧
Every answer on this paper is wrong.
這卷子上的每個答案都是錯的
You are on the basketball team, right?
你是籃球隊的,是吧?
Yeah, but what does that have to do with anything?
是沒錯, 但跟這個有什么關系?
Good luck at the game, Swish.
祝你比賽好運, 嗖嗖
Another life secret--
另一條人生真諦
black man plus basketball equals a C-plus.
黑人加上籃球 等于C+
I passed.
我及格啦
Way to go, baby! Way to go!
好樣的, 寶貝! 好樣的!
Swish, Swish, Swish...
嗖嗖, 嗖嗖, 嗖嗖...
I bet this is how Milli Vanilli must have felt
我猜Milli Vanilli (MilliVanilli:黑人二人樂隊)
when they were walking up to accept their Grammy.
上臺領葛來美獎的時候 就是這種心情
Miss Rochelle?
Rochelle小姐?
I didn't mean to bother you,
我不是有意打擾
but can I borrow some Scotch tape
能不能借我一些透明膠帶
and some ten-pound test fishing line?
和一些承重10磅的釣魚線呢?
Fishing line?
釣魚線?
Ten-pound test.
承重10磅的
We don't have any fishing line, Mr. Tate.
我們沒有什么釣魚線, Tate先生
Maybe your husband does.
也許你丈夫有呢
Well, maybe I'll ask him when he gets home.
好吧,也許等他到家我會問問他
Thank you, ma'am.
謝謝您, 女士
I'll come back down.
我會再下樓的
That man is not from Philly.
這人絕不是費城來的
Swish.
嗖嗖
I want to run you through a couple plays.
我來告訴你幾個戰術
Basically,
基本上,
這是你拿著球, 這是其他的同伴
getting out of your way.
全都不擋你的道兒
You got it?
明白?
Yeah, I got it.
好的, 我明白了
Great. I'll see you out there.
好極了. 場上見
Sweet dreams are made of this
美夢變成了這樣
Who am I to disagre?
我能怪誰呢?
I travel the world and the seven seas
我環游了世界和七海
Everybody's looking for something
人人都在尋找些什么
Some of them want to use you
有的想要利用你
Some of them want to abuse you
有的想要虐待你
*Some of them want to be abused.
有的想要被你虐待
Swish, Swish, Swish,
嗖嗖,嗖嗖,嗖嗖
Swish, Swish, Swish...
嗖嗖,嗖嗖,嗖嗖...