The Big Bang Theory,《生活大爆炸》
I'm really very busy.
我真的很忙。
Is there any way that we can put this off until I have more time to prepare?
我們能否推遲一下?我好有點時間來準備。
Of course. But, uh, you, understand my trepidation.
當然了,可你知道我有些啥顧慮。
What's that about?,
他又在干嘛?
Not a clue.
毫無頭緒。
Can't we just postpone, it till the spring?
就不能推遲到開春嗎?
Maybe next summer?
或者明年夏天?
This should be fairly easy to deduce.
這個應該很好推斷的。
He's holding the phone to his left ear.
他把電話擱在左耳旁邊。
Ears do not cross hemispheres,
左耳還是左腦控制的。
so he's using the analytical rather than the emotional side of the brain, suggesting that he has no personal, relationship with the caller.
所以他是在理性分析而不是感情用事,表明他和來電者沒有私人關系。
No, I didn't realize, it had been so long.
不,我沒想到已經這么久了。
Sure, I guess there's no other, choice but to just go ahead and do it.
好吧,那就只好這么辦了。
He's referring to an activity he has done before.
他談到了一件以前做過的事。
It's unpleasant and, needs to be repeated.
那件事不怎么令人愉快,但又不得不再來一遍。
This suggests some sort of invasive, medical test, like perhaps a colonoscopy.
表明這件事應該是某種侵入性,醫療檢查,比如說,結腸鏡檢查。
Aren't there any other options?
就沒有其他選擇了么?
There's not a lot of room., It's gonna be uncomfortable.
沒多大地方,肯定很不舒服的。
Yes, yes.
沒錯,沒錯。
I'm definitely going with colonoscopy.
我敢肯定是結腸鏡檢查。
Okay, bye.
好吧,再見。
My mother's coming to visit.
我媽要來看我。
How about that, you were right.
怎么樣?你還真猜對了。