You're excused.
你可以走了
In honor of my grandfather, I should have hit her with a brick.
以紀念外公的名義 我真該拿板磚拍她
Hi, Mama. You look good.
嗨 媽媽 你看上去真不錯
And that's my grandmother, Maxine.
那就是我外婆 Maxine
She was the only woman who could out-snob my mother.
她是唯一能對老媽挑三揀四的人
Your hair smells funny.
你的頭發聞著真奇怪
Are you still using that cheap perm?
你是不是還用那沒檔次的燙發劑呢?
Dark and Lovely?
"黑又靚"牌的?
Look at mine. It's beautiful.
瞧瞧我的 這才叫美呢
It's beautiful, isn't it?
真的很美 不是嗎?
Good to see you too, Mama.
我也很高興見到你 媽媽
That's my Aunt Charlotte,
那是我的Charlotte阿姨
but we called her Grievey, because we only saw her at funerals.
可我們都管她叫眼淚蟲 因為只有在葬禮上才能見到她
No birthdays, no weddings. Just funerals.
生日不行 婚禮不行 只有葬禮
Girl, I haven't seen you since Cheryl's funeral.
姐妹 自從Cheryl的葬禮后 我就再沒見過你了
I know, I know, I know...
哦我知道 我知道 不哭了...
Grievey, stop crying. Come on.
眼淚蟲 別哭了 來吧
Okay, okay, let me go. Grievey!
好了 好了 放開我吧 眼淚蟲
Come on, come on.
來吧 過來
Come on.
過來啊
That's Aunt Mousey.
那是"小耗子"阿姨
We called her that because she talked like a mouse
我們那么叫她是因為她說話輕的像只老鼠
and she only spoke when spoken directly to.
而且只有直沖著她說話 她才會開口
Hi, Aunt Mousey.
嗨 小耗子阿姨
How you doing?
最近好嗎?
Fine. Huh?
湊和 什么?
My Uncle Michael was almost 40 and never had a job.
我舅舅Michael都快40歲了 還從沒工作過
He put the "um" in "bum."
他游手好閑的都快成精了
How you doing? Hey, sis, how you doing?
你好嗎? 嘿 妹妹 你好嗎?
Good. Y'all got something to eat?
不錯 你們有吃的嗎?
Yeah, we just...
有啊 我們剛...
I think he saw a job chasing him.
我估計他是看見工作追過來了...
Hey, Shaft.
嘿 麻桿兒
That's too bad about your grandpa.
你外公的去世真是不幸
Sorry.
抱歉
Really? Yeah. I mean...
說真的 是啊 我是說...
who's going to teach you how to tap dance now?
以后誰教你踢趿舞啊?
Later that day, he beat up a Chinese kid in my honor.
那天晚些時候 他以我為名暴打了個中國小孩
Oh, here you are. Hey, everybody.
哦你們回來了 嘿 大家好
Hey, everybody.
嘿 大家好啊
Good to see you.
看見你真高興
I'm going to, uh, take Michael and Charlotte upstairs to get situated.
我要去 呃 帶Michael 和Charlotte去樓上安頓好床鋪
Are you okay, Mousey? Fine.
你沒事吧 小耗子? 沒
Okay.
好吧
Um, come on, upstairs, follow me.
呃 來吧 上樓 跟我來
Julius, shouldn't you be at work already?
Julius 你不是該在工作了嗎?
Hey, you know I'm on my way.
嘿 你知道的我正要去呢
I just came by to say hi real quick.
我就是順道來簡單問個好
How are you? Well as can be expected.
你還好嗎? 不能更好了
You know, Gene and I were married for 40 years.
知道嗎 Gene和我結婚40年了
I hope Rochelle and me make it that far.
我真希望我和Rochelle也能那么長久
The way she keeps this house,
就她那么打理這家
I'm surprised you haven't left already.
你還沒離開都讓我吃驚
My grandmother always criticized everything my mother did.
外婆對我老媽做的所有事都吹毛求疵
Mama, you like my coat?
媽媽 你喜歡我的外套嗎?
It's all leather.
是真皮的
Oh... feels rubbery.
哦...摸著像是橡膠的
Feel mine.
摸摸我的
Italian leather.
意大利進口皮革
At home, even though my mother seemed to be keeping it together,
而在家里 即使看上去 老媽在竭力控制局面
the house was falling apart.
它還是在崩潰
Rochelle, can you change the channel?
Rochelle 能幫我換個臺嗎?
Sure, no problem.
當然了 沒問題
They were treating her like she was me!
他們是在把她像我似的支使呢
Rochelle, you going to help me pick out this casket,
Rochelle 你是打算幫我一起挑個棺材呢
or do I have to do it by myself?
還是全得我自己來?
Oh, sure, Mama, I'll help you in a minute.
哦當然了 媽媽 我馬上就來幫你
Oh, 'Chellie, get me a glass of iced tea.
哦 Chellie 給我弄杯冰爽茶來
Sure, Mama.
沒問題 媽媽
Tea for Mom...
給媽媽的茶...
Damn it! What?
該死的 怎么啦?
You ever had the feeling
你有沒有過即將
you're about to get smacked upside the head with a yo-yo?
被一個溜溜球拍的七葷八素的感覺?
Here, baby. Be more careful.
給你 寶貝 小心著點
You're not mad?
你不生氣?
No. Why would I be mad?
沒有 我干嗎要生氣?
Here, Mama.
給你 媽媽
This tea tastes funny.
這茶味道真怪
What kind is it?
什么牌子的?
I think it's Lipton.
是立頓的吧
Mm-mm, tastes like Nestea.
不對 像是雀巢的
It's Lipton.
是立頓的
Hey.
嘿
Hey.
嘿
Want a Turtle?
來塊烏龜糖嗎?
My mother offering me a Turtle?
老媽問我要不要吃烏龜糖?!
In her world, that's a cry for help.
在她的世界里 那可就是呼喊求救了
Mm, no thanks.
呃 謝謝不用了
You okay, Mom?
你沒事吧 老媽?
I'm fine.
挺好的啊
You sure you don't want a Turtle?
你確定不想來一塊兒?
What was that for?
這是為了什么?
I just wanted to let you know that I love you.
就想讓你知道我愛你
Since my father was working extra hours and my mother wasn't being herself,
既然老爸要加班 而老媽根本不在狀態
I decided to pick up the slack the best way I knew how.
我決定盡我所能自己來收拾殘局了
Tonya, you go make up your bed.
Tonya 你去鋪床
Drew, you clean up in here.
Drew 你把這打掃干凈了
Sitting in here playing cards...
居然坐這玩牌...
This was going to be harder than I thought.
這可比我想象中困難多了
Turn that mess down!
關輕點兒!
You trying to make everyone in the house deaf?
你想讓家里所有人都變成聾子?!?
Take your feet off the table.
把腳從桌上挪開
Rochelle, tomorrow, we're going to the funeral home to pick out a casket.
Rochelle 明天我們要去殯儀館選一副棺材
Please dress presentably.
拜托一定要穿的體面些
I don't want him to think that we can't afford a decent casket.
我可不想人家認為我們 買不起一副好棺材
Sure, Mama.
知道了 媽媽
You okay, baby? You need to sit down? Oh, no, I'm fine.
你還好嗎 寶貝?要坐這嗎? - 哦不用了 我挺好
As bad as she felt, I didn't know it was about to get worse.
她已經覺得糟糕透頂了 我還不知道就要更糟了
Rochelle, can't you make a decent glass of iced tea? Rochelle
你難道連杯像樣的冰爽茶都做不出?
Well, can't you leave her alone?
夠了 你就不能別再對她嘰嘰歪歪的了嗎?!
It's iced tea!
不就是杯冰爽茶嗎
If you're thirsty, well, then you drink it!
你要是渴 那很好 喝了它
If you're not, don't!
要是不渴 就別喝!
I might be joining my grandfather sooner than I thought.
可能我會比自己想象的 快得多的去和外公會合了
Are you going to sit there and let that boy talk to me like that?
你難道打算坐那什么也不管 就由著這小鬼這么對我說話?!
Boy, don't you know I'll knock you into another family?
小子 你就不怕我一巴掌把你扇別人家去?!