Chris, how many times do I have to tell you Chris
我得跟你說多少次
to quit leaving this damn yo-yo on the floor?
不準把這該死的溜溜球扔在地上?
What are you trying to do, kill me?
你要干嗎呀?害死我?!
I forgot where I left it.
我忘了把它扔哪了
Well, will you remember when I fall down the steps and break my neck?
那好 我要是滾下樓梯摔斷了脖子 你總記得住了吧?!
Sometimes it felt like all my mother did was yell at everybody.
有時候覺得 老媽唯一做的就是沖所有人嚷嚷
Tanya, close the door! Tanya
關上冰箱門!
You trying to freeze the whole house?
你想把整個房子凍成冰窖?!
Drew, turn that mess down! Drew
關輕點兒!
You trying to make everybody in the house go deaf?
你想讓家里所有人都變成聾子?!
And get your feet off my table.
還有把你的臭腳從桌上放下去
Julius!
Julius!
Pick up your drawers!
自己收拾下內褲!
Do I have to do everything around here?
難道什么都得我來做?!
And when I say my mother yelled at everybody, I mean everybody.
而當我說老媽沖所有人都嚷嚷 真是指"所有人"
Rochelle, what did I tell me? Rochelle
我怎么說來著的?
Are you trying to drive me crazy?
是不是想把我逼瘋啊?
But there was one person who always put my mother in a good mood.
不過有個人永遠能讓老媽有好心情
Daddy!
爸爸!
My mother loved her daddy, and we did, too.
老媽超愛她爸爸 而且我們大家都是
Oh, where's Mama?
哦 媽媽在哪呢?
Oh, I left her at the hair dresser.
哦 我把她扔在理發店了
Where are them grandkids of mine? Where they at? Hey!
我的寶貝孫子孫女呢? 在哪呢? 嘿!
My grandfather was a great storyteller.
我外公說起故事來絕對是一流水準
And he didn't think I was playing
而我用板磚拍他腦袋上的時候
when I smacked him in the head with that brick.
他還以為我是鬧著玩呢
Until this day,
直到今天
when I go in there, my food is free.
我還能去那吃霸王餐呢!
Oh, man, do you have any more good jokes?
哦 天哪 你還有什么好笑話?
Do I got any more good jokes?
"我還有好笑話嗎?"
Come on, now! Knock, knock.
拜托 來啦!開門!開門!
Who's there?
誰呀?
Pass me them pork chops. Pass me them pork chops who?
遞給我他的豬排的 遞給我他的豬排的誰?
No, pass me them pork chops right there.
哦 就是你了 遞給我你的豬排!
He got you!
被騙了吧
I ain't playing with you.
我可不只是逗樂的
What's the rest of the joke, Grandpa?
外公 接著說笑話呀?
Ooh! Okay, knock, knock.
嗚!好吧 開門 開門
Who's there?
誰呀?
Oh, Lordy.
哦 老天爺!
Oh, Lordy who?
哦 老天爺是誰?
I'm dying.
我要死了
I'm dying who?
誰是我要死了?
I'm... having a heart...
我的...心臟不...
You're having a heart who?
誰是你的心臟不?
Daddy?
爸爸?
Daddy.
爸爸
Daddy?
爸爸?
I never did find out who was there.
我再也沒能知道那到底是誰
My grandfather passing away
外公的離去
was the first time I had to deal with a death in the family.
是我第一次經歷家人死去的狀況
I didn't know how to react,
我不知道該如何是好
and I guess my mother didn't, either,
而且老媽好象也無所適從了
because instead of doing this...
因為取而代之這個的...
Damn. Damn. Damn!
該死 該死 該死!
...she did this. ...
她居然這樣
Good morning, everybody.
大家早上好啊
I hadn't seen my mother that happy since Lionel Richie went solo.
自從Lionel Richie單飛之后 我還沒見她那么高興過呢 (Lionel Richie 80年代成名的黑人情歌王子)
I can't believe Gene is gone.
我真不敢相信Gene去世了
I can't believe he never finished that joke.
我簡直不敢相信他都沒說完那笑話
I'm never eating pork chops again.
我這輩子再也不吃豬排了
I can't believe he died sitting right here.
我簡直不敢相信他就坐那死了
Everybody has to die someplace.
每個人都會死在某處的
Now eat your eggs.
現在吃雞蛋吧
I hate eggs.
我討厭雞蛋
Can I have some toast?
我能吃點吐司嗎?
Sure, Tonya.
當然了 Tonya
No problem.
沒問題
Hey, Mom, uh, do I have to go to school today?
嘿 老媽 呃... 今天我能不去學校嗎?
Usually, the only death that could keep us out of school was our own.
通常 唯一能讓我們不去上學 的死訊就是我們自己的
No, not if you don't want to.
可以 不想去就別去了
Cool.
酷
你今天想不去學校嗎?
No, I have a quiz.
不 我有個小測驗
Can I stay home, too? Sure.
能讓我也呆家里嗎? 當然了
I didn't know what was wrong with my mother,
我不明白老媽到底怎么了
but at that moment,
可那時那刻
all I could think of doing was this.
我唯一想出要做的就是這個
Snap out of it, woman!
清醒點振作起來!女人!
Well, everybody have a nice day.
好了 祝大家今天過的愉快
That was weird.
太詭異了
Man, your grandfather died?
老兄 你外公去世了?
That's rough.
太糟糕了
I had a parakeet that died once.
有一次我的一只小鸚鵡死了
I cried for three weeks.
我哭了整整三個星期
My mom is acting really strange.
我老媽現在的舉止特別不正常
You mean strange like...
你說的不正常是像...
There's a TV in my head!
我腦袋里有只電視機!
Please, just make it go away!
拜托了 就幫我給它弄出來吧!
Even the crackheads would be scared of that.
就算磕了藥的看見都得害怕
No.
不是的
She's just really nice.
她就是變的特別和善
So, were you guys close?
那 你和你外公親近嗎?
Yeah.
是啊
Chris, why don't you stand up and tell the rest of the class Chris
你干嗎不站起來給所有人說說
what you're discussing with Gregory.
你在和Gregory討論什么呢?
My grandfather died.
我外公去世了
Chris, that's not funny. Chris
這一點都不好笑
What are you going to do when your grandfather dies for real?
萬一你外公真的去世了你該怎么辦?
Just because you didn't study for a test
只是因為你沒好好復習測驗
doesn't mean you can go killing off your family.
也不意味著你可以隨便撒謊說家人的死啊
Who's next? Your father, your mother?
接著會是誰?你父親?你母親?
Why don't you kill your sister or your brother?
你干嗎不說你弟弟妹妹都死了啊?!
He's telling the truth.
他說的是實話
Oh, Chris...
哦 Chris...
Wait... you believe him?
等會兒...你信他的?
- Of course. And not me?
當然了 而不信我的?
Well, Chris, your grandfather died.
嗯 Chris 你外公去世了
You might say anything. What are you even doing here?
你說什么都可以 你還在這里干什么呀?
Bring me your paper. Don't worry about the test.
把卷子拿來 別擔心測驗的事了