CHRIS ROCK: In my house everyone had a job.
在我家 每個人都得工作
It was my father's job to pay the bills.
我老爸的工作 是付帳單
I'm hungry.
我好餓
I'm cold.
我好冷
I'm hungry and cold.
我又餓又冷
Eat a piece of cracker.
來片餅干
Your father's coming.
你老爸就來了
I've got the money.
我拿到錢了
CHRIS ROCK: It was my mother's job to keep the house and the kids in line.
我老媽的工作 是管好房子和孩子
Boy... 小子...
Quit leaving your socks all over the place.
不準把襪子到處亂扔
Boy, mop the floor.
小子 拖地板去
Girl, clean up the table.
姑娘 把桌子收拾干凈
Good job, baby.
干的好 寶貝兒
CHRIS: As kids we only had one job:
我們小孩只有一樣工作:
go to school and get decent grades.
去上學 并且得到好成績
KIDS: Bye, Mommy. Love you.
再見老媽 愛你
ROCHELLE: Have a good day.
過的開心點
Don't come home stupid.
別傻乎乎的回來
KIDS: We won't.
知道了
CHRIS ROCK: I could usually get a good grade
一般光靠談談馬丁 路德 金
just by talking about Dr. Martin Luther King.
我就能得個好成績
Free at last, free at last.
自由了 終于自由了
Thank God Almighty, we are free at last.
感謝萬能的上帝 我們終于自由了
CHRIS: In English class...
英語課...
My book report is on Dr. Martin Luther King.
我的讀書報告是關于馬丁 路德 金的
In history...
歷史課...
My history report is on the Birmingham Bus Boycott
我的歷史報告是關于馬丁 路德 金
led by Dr. Martin Luther King.
領導的伯明翰巴士抵制運動
The only place Martin Luther King didn't work
唯一不能用馬丁 路德 金蒙混過關的
was in math.
就是數學課
Chris, what's the square root of 144? Chris
144的平方根是多少?
1963 The same year that Dr. Martin Luther King
1963年馬丁 路德 金發起
led the March on Washington?
華盛頓大游行那年?
No, it's 12.
不 答案是12
All right, class.
好了 同學們
Pick up your report cards on the way out
走的時候拿好你們的成績單
and bring them back signed tomorrow.
明天讓家長簽字后交給我
Oh, no.
哦 不
What?
怎么了?
I got an F.
我得了個F
Aw, man.
噢 伙計
yb That's rough.
太糟了
What's your mom gonna say?
你老媽看了會怎么說?
I don't know, but it ain't gonna be "Free at last."
不知道 不過肯定不是"終于自由了"
Look at my babies!
瞧瞧我的寶貝們
Drew, you got a B-plus in gym.
Drew 你體育得了B+
Good job!
好樣的
You can have whatever you want for d
晚飯你想吃什么都可以
Really? Mm-hmm.
真的? - 是啊
Thanks,
謝謝老媽
Uh, can I have pork chops and spaghetti?
呃 我能要連骨豬排和意大利面嗎?
You sure can.
當然可以
Yes!
耶
Well, Mom, I got a
那媽媽 我自然科學得了個B
What do I get?
有什么獎勵?
You can have whatever dessert you want.
那你想吃什么甜點都行
Uh, ice cream and cake?
呃 冰淇淋和蛋糕行嗎?
Ice cream and cake it is.
那就冰淇淋和蛋糕了
Good job, baby.
好樣的 寶貝
Boy, don't you see me cooking?
小子沒看見我做飯呢嗎?
Sorry.
對不起
Where's your report card?
你的成績單呢?
They didn't hand them out yet.
還沒發呢
CHRIS: I couldn't bring myself to tell my mother I got an F.
我沒法跟老媽交代自己得了個F
Next to dealing deugs, getting bad grades
僅次于販毒
was the worst thing you could do.
考砸了就是最不能原諒的事了
It was worse than this.
甚至比這個還糟
Tonya, what happened? Tonya
怎么回事?
Mama, I had to smoke that fool.
老媽 我只能斃了這蠢貨
Oh, not him. I'm talking about this D you got in algebra.
哦沒說他 我在說你代數怎么得了個D
CHRIS: And worse than this.
也比這個糟糕
Drew! Where is that boy? Drew
死孩子哪去了?
What the hell is wrong with you?
你TMD發什么神經?
I'm following my dream, Mama.
我要追求夢想去 老媽
I'm gonna be a country and western singer.
我要做個西部鄉村歌手
I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about this F.
誰也沒說那個 我說你這該死的F哪
Now, take your Johnny Cashless ass upstairs and study.
立刻帶著這副窮鬼樣滾回樓上學習去
You think I'm playing with you?
難道你覺得我開玩笑呢?
And where'd you get that guitar from?
還有你哪搞到的吉他?
You'd better not be selling no damn drugs in my house.
最好別讓我知道你在這販毒
CHRIS: I didn't know what to do,
我不知該怎么辦
but I couldn't give her that report card.
可就是不能給她成績單
Well, let me know when you get it.
好吧 一拿到就告訴我
Yes, ma'am. 收到 老媽
Need any help cooking?
要幫你做飯嗎?
Sure. Thank you, baby.
當然 謝謝你甜心
CHRIS: I figured, if I showed her how useful I could be,
我覺得 要是多幫她做家務
she wouldn't kill me when she found out.
等看了成績單 她也不會要宰了我
While I was trying to figure out what to do about my F,
在我想方設法處理這個F的同時
my father was home sick,
我老爸也在拼命想
trying to figure out how he got the gout.
他怎么會得了痛風
Oh, baby... when did you get the gout?
哦 親愛的... 你什么時候得痛風了?
I don't know. It just happened.
我也不知道 它就這樣了
CHRIS: I know you're probably wondering, what is the gout?
我知道你可能在想 痛風是什么玩意?
Well gout, or the gout as some people like to call it,
嗯痛風 或者說人們所說的痛風病
is a form of arthritis, which causes severe swelling
是關節炎的一種
usually in the ankle or the big toe.
一般在腳踝或大腳趾引起嚴重的腫痛
It's caused by a poor diet, including things like...
是由不良的飲食導致的 包括...
smothered pork chops.
烤豬排
Needs some salt.
得來點鹽
Smothered chicken-fried bacon.
烤炸雞培根
Needs some salt.
得來點鹽
Or smothered chicken-fried bananas.
或者烤炸雞香蕉
Not bad.
味道不錯
Needs salt.
得來點鹽
Are your damn mind?
你是不是TMD瘋了?
All right, I'm going to work the phones
好吧 今天一整天我都得在
over at the real estate office today.
不動產事物所做電話接待
Try not to eat any junk.
拜托你別再吃那些垃圾食品了
I'll be home in time to make dinner.
我會準時回來做晚飯的
I can't eat that stuff all day.
我不能一整天就吃這種東西啊
You can if you want to get rid of the gout.
還想跟痛風說再見的話你就能了
Give me a kiss.
親一個