Is that why she ate up all our candy?
難怪她吃了我們的糖果
I should've never given you money for candy.
我不該給你錢買糖的
Dad, um,
爸,
it's not all her fault.
也不全是她的錯
I asked her to do it.
我讓她問你要的
But only because I knew you'd give it to her.
因為我知道你會給她
How'd you know that?
你怎么知道的?
Because you give her everything she wants.
因為她要什么你都答應
That's not true.
不是的!
One time I asked if I could set Chris on fire,
上次我要用火燒Chris
and he didn't let me do that.
他就不讓我做
Well, thank goodness for that.
幸虧你沒做
I have a confession, too.
我也有話說
I've been hanging out at that corner store.
我常常去街角商店
Chris... But I was only playing Asteroids.
Chris... 我只是去玩游戲機
Oh. Well, that ain't so bad.
好吧,不算太壞
And I lost five dollars.
而且輸了5塊錢
What?! Five dollars?
什么?5塊錢?
Ooh... I'm telling!
噢!我要告密
Now, who are you gonna tell? We're all sitting right here.
告給誰?大家都在呢!
How did you lose five dollars, boy?
你怎么輸了5塊錢的?
Where did you get five dollars?
那弄來5塊錢的?
I bet a guy playing Asteroids, and...
我和一個人賭《打隕石》
and I got the five dollars from Greg.
5塊錢是問Greg借的
What are you doing betting on video games?
你去賭打游戲做什么?
I was trying to protect my reputation.
我是要維護自己的名譽
You have a reputation?
你有名譽?
Yeah.
對
I am the best player on the block.
我是這個街區最棒的
Then how come you didn't win?
那你怎么輸了?
Because you need to be quiet, that's why!
因為你太多嘴!
Don't tell me to be...
你憑什么叫我...
Hey, hey, that's enough.
夠了,夠了
It's your problem.
這是你自己的事
You borrowed it, you pay it back.
自己借的,自己還
I am.
我會的
Well, I know I better not hear no more about you betting money,
以后不許再賭錢
you hear me? Yes, ma'am.
聽到了? 聽到了,媽
All right.
好
Mama, can we have our candy...
媽,把糖果還給我們...
No!
不行
I ate it.
我吃完了
I don't need y'all getting any more cavities than what y'all got.
我可不想誰再長蛀牙
No cavities in this house.
誰都不準蛀!
But at this rate, there'll be plenty of diabetes.
糖尿病就無所謂了
Needs some more sugar.
不夠甜
You all right?
沒事吧?
Yeah, I'm just tired.
只是有點累
I had this weird dream last night and couldn't fall back to sleep.
做了個怪夢后,就睡不著了
Dream, huh?
夢,呃?
是的,怪的透頂
I was walking down the street,
我在街上走,
waving hello to everybody,
對別人打招呼,
but nobody was waving back.
但是人人都不理我,
It was as if they couldn't see me.
就像是他們看不到我,
So you were invisible?
那你是隱身人?
Yeah.
對
Mama had turtles, Daddy had the lottery.
老媽有烏龜糖,老爸有彩票
Oh, that's right...
就是這個……
It's a wonder nobody sold the TV.
不破產真是個奇跡
I need you to go to the corner
放學后去街角店
store after school and buy a lottery ticket for me.
給我買彩票
Six-three-seven.
6-3-7
Yeah, but you said you weren't... I know what I said!
可你不是說… 我知道
Huh?
呃?
我這次有中獎的感覺
Translation: Just shut up and do what I tell you.
翻譯:住嘴照做
Now, keep this between me and you, all right?
別告訴你老媽
Six-three-seven, all right? 637,
記住
And keep the ticket on you. Go! Go, go, go!
票放你那里,去吧
He hadn't been that excited about a dream since Martin Luther King's.
自從馬丁.路德.金的夢后 他就沒這么激動過了
What do you need today?
要點什么?
My father played the lottery a thousand times and lost a thousand times.
老爸買了上千次彩票,輸了上千次
I had only lost my rep once,
而我只輸過一次
and I wasn't about to let that happen again.
而且這次一定能夠贏
Give me four quarters.
給我四個銅板
Now you're talking.
這就對了
Want to play me for some more money?
想加賭注?
I don't have any money.
我沒有錢
I just want to prove I can beat you.
只想證明能打敗你
No...
不...
Yes! Yes!
Yes! Yes!
One-zero, sucka! ha!
輸了吧,哈
Good game, man.
打的不錯
You should've bet me, though.
你本可以下注的
If I had bet him,
如果我賭了,
I couldn't help but think that this would've happened.
事情就會變成這樣:
Ah, I'm hungry.
餓了
Looks, good, huh?
不錯吧?
Who are you?
你是誰?
I'm Jorge.
我是霍黑
I won your family from Chris playing Asteroids.
Chris把你們家輸給我了
I told Chris to stay out of that store.
早叫他別去那家店了
- Can you cook mofongo? What?
你會做波多黎各菜嗎? 啥?
- What'd you call her? Come tu comida.
你說什么? 吃你的吧
I was raised around Puerto Ricans?
我是波多黎各長大的
There's something about defending your reputation
保住了自己的名譽,
that makes you feel like you really accomplished something.
讓我感覺完成了自己的事
And even though I didn't get Greg's money back,
盡管沒有把錢贏回來
I had my rep.
但名譽回來了
Even though my father never won the lottery,
盡管老爸從未中獎過
it always made him feel like there was one thing
但是他總覺得,
in the world he had a shot at winning.
自己有中獎的機會
And to him, that dollar was worth it.
這樣一塊錢就值了
And tonight's winning numbers are...
今晚的得獎號碼是……
Six...
6...
three...
3...
seven.
7.
I won! I won!
我贏了
I won!
贏了
What happened? My number hit!
怎么啦? 我的號碼贏了
Chris, show your mama the ticket.
Chris, 給你媽看彩票
Show your mama the ticket, man!
快給你媽媽看彩票
Show your mama the ticket.
快給你媽看
Mama!
媽媽!