He's just a... symbol, that's all.
他只是一種 象征 僅此而已
Oh.
哦
Tonya...
Tonya
you're a big girl, and, now that you're old enough to know
你是大姑娘了 到了了解真相的歲數
the truth, it's your responsibility to not spoil it for other kids, okay?
為別的孩子不破壞這個秘密 是你的責任 好嗎?
Because you want to give them something to believe in.
因為你想給他們一些東西來信仰
Exactly.
完全正確
That's my big girl.
這才是我的好閨女
Mwa!
親下
So, you do understand.
那 你真理解了吧
Yeah. It's okay to lie.
對 撒謊沒問題
Good night, Mommy.
晚安 媽媽
You think explaining Santa Claus to Tonya was hard,
你覺得向Tonya 解釋圣誕老人很困難
you should have been there for the birds and the bees.
那你真該看看 跟她解釋兩性關系時的狀況
Eww... that's nasty!
呦 真惡心!
Nobody ever seems to get any sleep on Christmas Eve.
圣誕節前夕似乎無人睡眠
Everybody's up for different reasons.
每個人都因為不同原因醒著
What you doing, baby?
你干什么 寶貝?
Setting out milk and cookies.
準備牛奶和餅干
We talked about this.
我們聊過這些了
We did... and they're not for Santa.
是聊過 但這不是為圣誕老人準備的
They're for you.
是給您的
Thank you, baby.
謝謝 寶貝
But since I wasn't getting anything,
但既然知道我什么禮物都沒有
I didn't have that problem.
我就沒這些問題了
On Christmas morning, I even took my time going downstairs.
圣誕節的早上 我甚至把時間花在下樓上
Now that Tonya knew there wasn't a Santa Claus,
現在Tonya知道了沒有圣誕老人
her complaints went directly to my mother.
她的抱怨直沖著老媽就來了
Mama, I wanted a Cabbage Patch Doll with long hair.
媽媽 我要的是長發的揶菜娃娃
How about you have no doll with no hair?
給你來個沒頭發的空氣娃娃怎么樣?
Oh, thank you.
哦 謝謝
Okay.
Ok
Chris, this one is for you, baby. Chris
這是給你的 寶貝
- Is it a new album? - Open it and find out.
是新唱片嗎? - 打開自己看
They were giving those away at the doctor's office I deliver papers to.
有家醫院正在派發這東西 我往那兒送報紙
I thought you could use it for school.
我覺得你在學校也許用的上
Thanks. I will.
謝謝 我會用的
Hey, Chris, what'd you get?
嘿 Chris 你得到什么?
A calendar.
一本日歷
A calendar?
日歷?
Yeah, that's what I wanted.
耶 這就是我想要的
See, now, look here.
看看 看這個
Did you know that May is High Blood Pressure Month?
你知道五月是高血壓發病高峰嗎?
No.
不知
What if you had a calendar?
除非你們有這日歷?
See?
看到沒?
All y'all should ask for calendars next year.
明年你們全都得要日歷
That's a good idea.
好主意
Hey, Chris, you want to go ride my bike with me outside later?
嘿 Chris待會想和我出去騎車嗎?
By "later," he meant summer.
他說的"待會" 指的是夏天
Yeah, sure.
耶 當然
Hey, Chris...
嘿 Chris
you can have this.
這個可以給你
You sure?
你確定?
Yeah. I'm sure.
對 我確定
Baby, that's nice.
寶貝 這樣真好
That's what I thought, too.
我也這么以為的
Yes! I won again!
耶! 我又贏啦!
In your face! Ooh!
贏死你! 嗚!
What now? I don't get New Year's?
又怎樣? 新年也沒禮物?
Mwa!
親下!
Thank you. - For what?
謝謝 - 謝什么?
For the way you've handled not getting what you wanted.
你沒得到你想要東西的處理方式
You've really made us proud, man.
你真的讓我們感到驕傲 兒子
Drew and Tonya are kids.
Drew和Tonya還是孩子
They need Christmas presents more than me.
他們比我更需要圣誕禮物
You know, you're really growing up, Chris.
知道嗎 你真的長大了 Chris.
It's kind of nice having another man around the house.
家里又多了個男子漢感覺真好
It was weird.
說來奇怪
That morning with my parents felt better
那天早上父母給我的感受
than any gift I ever got.
比我收到過的任何禮物都好
Here you go.
給你這個
What's this?
這是什么?
Toy store coupon.
玩具店優惠券
50% off.
打5折
It's good till March.
三月之前都能用
By the end of the day,
那一天快結束的時候
it didn't even matter anymore that I didn't have a gift,
我沒有禮物再不是 什么大不了的事了
because I had a good day.
因為我擁有了美好的一天
And right now, I'm with Mrs. Vivian Morello.
好了現在 我們來采訪 Vivian Morello女士
Hey, that's my teacher. - And what are you doing tonight?
嘿 那是我老師 - 你今晚有什么安排?
Every year, my students collect food for the very poorest,
每年 我的學生都會收集食物 為那些最可憐的
most destitute and neediest families.
最缺少溫暖的 最貧困的家庭
These people are so poor,
那些人太可憐了
they probably don't have anything but the clothes on their backs.
他們也許除了背上披的 衣服以外就一無所有了
Even though they're embarrassingly underprivileged,
即使他們很尷尬的處于社會底層
they're just too proud to ask for help.
自尊心不允許他們尋求幫助
Too proud to ask for help.
自尊心不允許他們尋求幫助
And they're poor.
而且他們很窮
And tonight, we're going to give a family this basket.
而今晚 我們將給予一個家庭 這一籃物品
Now, who wants somebody coming to their door on TV
有誰愿意在電視上看到被敲門
talking about how poor they are?
說出他們有多貧窮啊?
So exciting.
好興奮
Hmm, I'll get it.
嗯 我去開門
You got it?
準備好了嗎
Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas!
圣誕快樂! 圣誕快樂!
Chris!
Chris!
Everybody hates Chris...
人人都恨克里斯