Chris! Quit throwing cotton balls all over the place! Chris!
別把棉球扔的哪兒都是!
Now what are y'all arguing about?
你們吵什么那?
Nothing.
沒什么
Drew said there's no such thing as Santa Claus.
Drew說根本沒有圣誕老人這么回事
What are you talking about, boy?
你胡說什么那 孩子?
Of course there's a Santa Claus, baby.
當然有圣誕老人了 寶貝
- Hey. What's up Drew? - Hey.
嘿 你好嗎Drew? - 嘿
Mama, we're having a food drive at school.
媽媽 學校有個捐罐頭活動
Can I bring some canned goods?
我能拿幾個罐頭嗎?
Okay. But don't take generic brands.
可以 但別拿那些雜牌兒的
Only store brands.
那些名牌兒的
I do not want those people thinking we can't afford to donate food.
我不想讓那些人覺得我們捐不起
My mother would give away all the food we had if she
我老媽可以把我們 所有的食物送出去
thought it would prove we didn't need it.
如果她覺得這樣 可以證明我們衣食無缺
How come you say my list is stupid?
你為什么說我的禮物單白癡?
Because, everybody knows there's no Santa Claus.
因為 每個人都知道沒圣誕老人
Come here, let me show you something.
過來 我給你看點東西
Where are we going?
我們這是去哪兒?
I'm taking you to the toys.
我帶你去看玩具
Santa doesn't come down the chimney.
沒有圣誕老人煙囪里進來
We don't even have a chimney, we have radiators.
我們甚至都沒煙囪 只有散熱器
Have you ever heard of Santa Claus coming through radiators?
你聽說過有圣誕老人 從散熱器里進來嗎?
But how can we have our toys already if I haven't even finished my list?
可是我們的玩具怎么可能準備好呢 我的禮物單都沒寫完呢
Because.
因為...
Hey, man.
嘿 兒子
What you doing?
在干嘛?
I'm taking canned goods to school for the needy.
把罐頭帶到學校給窮人
Man, that's $2.89 cent worth of food.
兒子 這些罐頭總價2塊8毛9呢
What you trying to do,
你在想什么那
feed the needy or be the needy?
救窮人還是當窮人?
- Rochelle! - Julius!
Rochelle! - Julius!
My parents tried not argue in front of the kids,
“你怎么還想法亂花”
so instead, they just made faces.
“我不想讓人覺得我們破產了” 所以他們就用臉色交流
They make curse out faces, too,
他們還能用臉詛咒彼此
but we can't show you those.
但不能給你們看
Meanwhile, Drew was showing Tanya something no kid should see.
與此同時 Drew在給Tanya 看一些孩子不該看的東西
See, I told you.
看到沒 告訴過你了
Whoa! Cool!
哇噢! 酷!
Tonya wasn't the only one having a bad day.
有糟糕一天的不止是Tonya
Is there something wrong?
有什么問題嗎?
Have a seat, baby.
坐下來 寶貝
The last time they asked me to sit down before they told me something,
上一次他們讓我坐下來 是聽他們宣布
The Jackson Five broke up.
杰克遜五人組*解散的消息 (*MJ小時候和兄弟們組的樂隊)
Hey, Chris.
嘿 Chris
Um, baby, look, I know you've been looking forward to getting
呃 寶貝 聽著 我知道你早就盼著
that new Walkman for Christmas.
圣誕節能得到隨身聽了
And, Chris, I've always wanted my kids
還有 Chris 我一直希望我的孩子
to have a better Christmas than I had growing up.
能比我小時候圣誕節過的好
But the older you get,
但你越長大
the more you learn about the sacrifices you have to make.
所要做的犧牲也就越多
Sacrifices?
犧牲?
Uh...
呃...
Uh...
呃...
Like not getting a new pair of work boots so you kids can have shoes.
比如不能買新的工作靴 這樣你的孩子就能有鞋穿
Or like taking the subway to work so your wife can use the car.
再比如你乘地鐵去上班 這樣你老婆就能有車開
Mom, Dad, I'm 13.
媽媽 爸爸 我13歲了
Well, you're not getting a present for Christmas.
那 你圣誕節收不到禮物了
He said that like we're out of bacon.
他說這個時 就好像我們培根吃光了
We got to buy a new water heater.
我們必須要買個新熱水器
Well, then, we need a plan to tell Drew and Tonya.
好吧 那我們得想想怎么 告訴Drew和Tonya
Tell them what?
告訴他們什么?
That they're not getting any presents for Christmas.
圣誕節得不到任何禮物啊
Who said they weren't getting anything for Christmas?
誰說他們圣誕節得不到禮物了?
Wait, they're getting stuff and I'm not?
等等 他們有東西拿我沒有?
You're older, Chris.
你比他們大 Chris
They wouldn't understand.
他們不理解
Am I gonna get anything?
我什么都沒有嗎?
Oh, baby, you'll be able to use up all the hot water you want.
哦 寶貝 熱水你想用多少就用多少
So all I'm getting is a clean ass?
這么說我得到的 就只是干凈屁股了?
Steaming hot.
熱氣騰騰
Everybody hates Chris.
人人都恨克里斯
So you're not getting anything for Christmas?
這么說圣誕節你什么都得不到了?
Nope.
是滴
Man, nothing for Christmas?
哥們 圣誕節沒禮物?
Isn't that considered child abuse?
這算不算虐待兒童啊?
Sure does feel like it.
確實有這種感覺
They're at least gonna put something in your stocking, right?
至少他們會在你襪子里放些什么吧?
Maybe some leftover sausage.
可能是根剩香腸什么的吧
There's got to be a law against this.
應該立法來阻止此類事發生
Oh, Chris, look at you.
哦 Chris 看看你
You didn't have to bring any food.
你不用帶食物來的
Sometimes I forget how strong your people are.
有時我忘了你們的人民有多堅強
What do you mean how strong my people are?
你說我們的人民有多堅強 是什么意思?
"What do I mean how strong your people are?"
"我說你們的人民有多堅強 是什么意思"?
You shall overcome someday.
總有一天你會明白的
See me after class.
下課后來找我
I have something for you.
我有東西送給你
Okay. Ok
好
We shall overcome
我們會明白的
We shall
我們會
overcome...
明白的...
Tonya, I thought you were gonna put up the decorations.
Tonya 我以為你在掛裝飾物呢
I don't want to now.
我現在不太想
Why not?
為什么呀?
Because... you and Daddy lied to me.
因為 你和爹的騙我
We lied to you? About what?
我們騙你? 什么啊?
I know there's no such thing as Santa Claus.
我知道沒有圣誕老人這回事
When my mother heard Tonya say those words,
當我老媽聽到 Tonya說出這幾個字
it was like she wasn't her baby anymore.
就好像Tonya不再是 她的寶貝女兒一樣