Who is it?
哪位?
It’s your ex-husband.
你的前夫?
Oh, Karl. What do you want?
哦,Karl,有什么事?
Uh, Edie and I just broke up.
Edie和我剛剛分手。
Oh. Well, come on in.
哦,進來吧。
I’m sorry to come over on such short notice. But, I couldn’t face going to a hotel.
不好意思這么突然,但我又不愿意去旅館住。
Oh, that’s okay. Julie’s staying at a friend’s tonight. You can sleep in her room.
沒事,Julie,反正去朋友家了。你可以睡在她屋里。
The sofa’s fine, thanks.
沙發就可以了,不過謝謝你。
So am I allowed to ask what happened?
那么我能問問出什么事了嗎?
You could ask, but I won’t tell.
可以問,但我不會告訴你的。
Why not?
為什么?
'Cause it’s embarrassing.
因為說出來丟人現眼的。
Karl, did you cheat again?
Karl,你是不是在外面又有女人了?
No.
沒有。
Did she cheat?
那她在外面有別的男人了?
No.
也沒有。
You finally saw her without her makeup?
你終于看到她卸妝后的樣子了?
Susan.
Susan...
I’m sorry. Are you okay?
不好意思。你沒事吧?
Yeah. Haven’t been working for quite a while. This was inevitable.
恩,其實這么長時間來一直不順暢。發生這事也在所難免。
Well, these days anybody going through a break-up gets my sympathy.
如今誰分手了,我都同情。
That’s right. I heard you made the plumber angry.
沒錯,聽說你惹火了那個水管工。
No, I made the plumber furious. That is definitely over. So there will be no gloating from me.
不是,我是惹怒了他。徹底結束了。所以你分手,我不會沾沾自喜了。
Here’s to no gloating.
那就敬一杯。
Actually, I’m trying to keep a positive outlook on the whole thing. Um, last night I started writing and, well, I think there’s a book in there.
其實我一直想就這事保持樂觀態度。呃..昨天晚上,我就動筆寫了寫,呃...我想完全可以寫本書出來。
A book?
書?
Yeah.
是的
Like one of your children’s books?
兒童讀物?
Nope. This one’s for adults about all my failed relationships.
不,是給成年人看的關于我失敗的戀愛和婚姻。
You’re not writing about me, are you?
你不會在寫我吧?
You’re, like, the first fourteen chapters.
你可能得占據前14章。
Are you gonna be fair?
寫的時候公正嗎?
I’m gonna be honest.
我會實話實說的。
I was afraid of that.
我就怕那個。