
In New York? Yeah.
在紐約嗎 是的
That's weird. It actually crossed my mind a few times that I might run into you
太奇怪了。真的好幾次 我想也許我能撞上你呢
but the odds are so slim, right? So.
但是可能性太小了 是嗎?所以
I didn't even know what city you were in.
我過去甚至連你在哪個城市都不知道
Weren't you somewhere in Texas? Yeah, yeah, definitely. I just
你不是在德克薩斯的什么地方嗎 是的,是的,沒錯。我只是
I was for a long time. I just, you know, wanted to try New York.
有很長時間,我一心想 你知道,去紐約發展
What brought you back here?
你為什么又回來了呢
I had finished my master's, for one
我讀完了碩士課程,我
and no visa, no more visa.
沒有簽證,不能續簽了
And I was starting to get paranoid. All the violence in the medias:
而且那個時候我變得有點兒妄想狂了 媒體上充斥著暴力:
Gang violence, murders, especially serial killers.
暴力團伙,殺人犯 特別是系列殺人犯
But the final straw was
但是最讓我受不了的是
one night I heard some noise on my fire escape
一天晚上我聽見 防火梯上有動靜