本段對話選自Erin Brockovich,《永不妥協》
Uh,you have no actual medical training?
你從來沒受過醫療訓練?
No. I have kids. Learned a lot right there.
沒有。但是我有小孩,從照頋他們身上學了不少。
I've seen nurses glve my son a throat culture.
我見過護士給孩子檢查咽喉。
I mean what is it—you stick a giant Q-tip down their throat and wait.
我的意思是那算什么呀一就是把一個大棉簽塞進他們的喉嚨然后等著。
Or a urine analysis,with that dipstick to see whether or not the white count is high…
還有尿檢,就是用一個量油尺似的棒子告訴你白細胞是不是過高。
Yes, I understand.
好的,我明白你的意思。
And, I mean,I'm great with people.
而且,我很善于與人交往。
Of course,you'd have to observe me to know for sure,but trust me on that one.
當然你得通過觀察才能知道這一點,但是請相信我。
I'm extremely fast learner.
我學習能力很強,
You show me something in a lab once,and I've got it down.
你在實驗室里給我演示一次,我一定就可以學會。
I always to go to medical school.
我一直想上醫學院,
That was my first interest, really.
這是我第一志愿,真的。
But then I got married and had a kid too young and I can't do that.
但是后來我結婚了,孩子又那么小,我沒法上學。
When I got out of high school,I got a job with Fleuer Engineers and Constructors in madly in love with geology.
我高中畢業后,在歐文市的佛魯爾工程建筑公司找到一份工作,然后瘋狂地迷上了地質學。
Geology?
地質學?
Yeah,I learned how to read maps. I love maps.
是的。我學會了讀地圖,我很喜歡地圖。
But I lost my job because my boy came down with chicken pox, had 104 temperature.
但是后來我兒子出水痘,發燒到104華氏度,
My ex=husband was useless,so…that didn't really work out.
我前夫又一無是處,因此去了工作。我倆真的不合適。
Uh-huh.
哦。
You got a really nice office.
你的辦公室真漂亮。
Thanks. Look...
謝謝!你看…