
Having this endless conversation with friends
關于這事我和朋友們談了很久
about how the world was falling to pieces.
現在的世界真是分崩離析
So I decided what I really wanted to do was
所以我那時決定了我要做的就是
to find things that could be fixed and try to fix them, you know?
找到可以彌補的事情 去改變它們,你知道嗎
You know, I always thought you'd be doing something cool like that. I did.
我過去總想你一定會做一些很酷的事情出來 我當時真這么想
Thanks. I just feel really, really lucky to be doing a job I like, you know?
謝謝。知道嗎,能做自己 喜歡的事我真的感到很幸運
Yeah.
是的
I actually alternate in between thinking everything is irrevocably screwed up
實際上我總在兩種想法之間擺動: 一種是一切都無可挽回了,真TMD的糟透了
and things might be getting better in ways.
另一種是從某些方面 看事情還是在變得更好的
Better? How could you possibly say that?
變得更好?你怎么能那樣說呢
Well, I just mean, you know, like.
唔,我只是說,你知道,就像
I know it sounds weird, but there are things to be optimistic about.
我知道聽起來有些奇怪 但是確實有些事值得我們樂觀的
Okay. I know your book is selling, which is great, I'm very happy for you.
是啊 我知道你的書在熱銷 那太好了,我很替你高興
But let me break the news to you: The world is a mess right now.
但是還是讓我來告訴你吧: 整個世界正在變得一團糟