Oh, uh, Joanna I was wondering if I could ask you something.
喔,Joanna,能不能請教你一點事?
There’s an opening for an assistant buyer in Junior Miss…
有一個將初級文員提升到助理采購人員的機會…
Okay, but that would actually be a big step down for me.
不錯,但是好像對我來說是個退步。。。事實上,我是說我挺合適的。
Well, actually, I meant for me. The hiring committee is meeting people all dayand…
招聘委員會將整天都接見有意向的人員,而且。。。
Oh. Well, I wish I could say no, but you can’t stay my assistant forever.
噢,我希望我能說不,但是我不能一輩子把你留在我助理的位置上。
Neither can you Sophie, but for different reasons.
Sophie你也不能去,但是原因就不是這個了
God, I am so glad you don’t have a problem with this,
天!我真高興你這么寬容大量!
Because if you did, I wouldn’t even consider applying.
因為如果你稍有微辭的話,我就不會去報名了
Really? Well, in that case…
真的么?那么…
and that’s I’m so glad… there’s no problem.
我非常高興你同意了…沒什么問題了。
That’s fine; actually I’m on the hiring committee,
那好吧,其實我也是招聘委員會的一員,
so there’ll be at least one friendly face.
所以你去的時候至少可以看到張熟面孔
Ohh! That’s great!
噢!太好了!
You know, Junior Miss is where I started.
你知道,我也是從初級文員干起的。
Oh, I had to sleep with the ugliestguy to get that job.
噢,那時候我為了得到那份工作,不得不跟最丑的男人上床。
Really?!
真的?!
No-ho-ho! (Pause) Yeah. (Pause) I mean, no-no-no-no-no,
假~~嗯是真的。我是說---假的!
Don’t you worry, I’m sure with your qualifications you won’t need to sleep with some guyto get that job.
別擔心,我可以肯定,以你的資歷,肯定不用跟男人上床來得到這份工作。
Although, I might need some convincing.
雖然我對此并不十分信服。
Well, I, umm…
哦,我,呣…
Kidding! God, I feel wild today!
開玩笑的!天,我今天還真有點興奮!