I mean, I remember freshman year...
我記得大一的時候
the first time I read one of her stories.
第一次讀到她的一篇作品
Holy shit. I mean, she could really
太差了,我意思 她真的是
transport you, you know?
身臨其境的感覺 不是嗎?
Transport you?
身臨其境?
Whoo! You’re in it thick, brother.
喔! 你真的陷得太深了 兄弟
I mean, no knock on him or you
我是說 不管是他…還是你…
but life is too short to spend it writing about lawyers.
都不應該把短暫的生命浪費在寫律師身上
Why? Because those actually sell?
為什么? 因為那些才賣得出去?
Because Wlth those you can actually make a living?
因為有了這些你們才能養家糊口?
Look, I know you and Brian want to be these literary giants
聽著 我知道你跟布萊恩想成為文壇巨子
but guess what.
但你猜怎么著
Nobody reads that shit anymore. I mean, think about it.
沒人再會看那些狗屁了 好好想想吧
You’re on the train going to work...
你正坐著火車去上班
or you’re enjoying your one week’s vacation down the shore.
或是你在海邊享受著難得一周的假期
You really wanna suffer through Faulkner?
你還會想遭福克納(美國小說家)的罪嗎?
Or do you want to kick back with a little John Grisham?
又或是跟小約翰葛雷森共度?
So I take it you didn’t like Brian’s book.
我懂了 你不喜歡布萊恩的書
Are you klddln’me? I couldn’t even finish it.
你說笑嗎? 我甚至都沒能看完它
Bored me to tears. Why? What about you?
無聊得我都快哭了 怎么了? 你呢?