Beautiful lawns, spacious homes, happy families.
漂亮的草坪,華麗的豪宅,幸福的家庭。
These are the hallmarks of suburbia. But if you look beneath the veneer of gracious living...
這些都是郊區居民的特點。但如果你仔細觀察這祥和表象的背后,總會發現有爭斗在延續...
You will see a battle raging, a battle for control.
為爭奪控制權的爭斗。
You see the combatants everywhere, engaged in their routine skirmishes...
你會發現隨處都有斗爭者,在一切日常的沖突中...
Fighting fiercely to have dominion over the world around them all the while knowing...it's a battle they will lose.
激烈的對抗以求得對周邊環境的控制,即使他們知道,他們肯定會輸掉。
Oh, hey, honey, um, just stick that anywhere. I'll take care of it.
哦,親愛的,你可以隨便放在什么地方。我會收拾的。
Wow. It's really piling up.
堆積這么多了。
Oh, uh, don't worry. I have a system.
哦,別擔心。我自有處置方案。
Really?
真的?
Yeah, every two days, I clean.
是的,每兩天,我打掃一次。
Two days.
兩天。
Yeah, I let the mess accumulate for two days, and then I clean until it's sparkling, and then, uh, the cycle starts all over again.
是的,我讓這團亂麻先堆積兩天,然后我再把它收拾得白凈到發亮,然后整個循環繼續。
And why have I never seen the sparkling part?
那怎么...我沒看見循環中“發亮”的環節?
Well, because by the time you get home from work, the boys have messed everything up again.
因為你回家之前,這些小子就把所有東西都弄亂了。
See, that's what I would call a flaw in the system.
瞧?這就是我所說的方案的缺陷。
What are you doing?
你在干什么?
I think I'm asking you to clean the house.
我以為我在要求你把屋子打掃干凈。
Really? Because it sounds to me like you're criticizing me.
真的嗎?因為在我看來,你在批評我。
No. No, no, no, no. No. I'm not saying it has to be sparkling.
不。不,不,不對,沒有。我沒有說必須要白凈到發亮。
How many times did I come home to a mess and I never said a word?
多少次我回到家看見一團糟,我可沒說一句話。
Please, don't take this the wrong way. I think you are doing a terrific job, but let's be clear.
別,千萬別誤會我的意思。我覺得你的活兒干得很出色,但我們說明白好了。
When you came home,it was to clutter.
你回來的時候,家里是有些亂糟糟。
I mean, come on,this is...more than that.
我是說,但是,這些...可不只亂糟糟。