You sure you want to hear this?
你確定你想聽這個?
Why does it have to be them? I read that paper.
你確定你想聽這個?
Everyone reads that paper. Why can’t it be the Vlliage Volce?
大家都會讀到的 為什么它就不能低調點呢?
Well, these fuckers don’t like It much elther.
嗯 這些混蛋也不怎么喜歡
Do you realize that everyone we know
你有沒有想過所有我們認識的人
is sitting around right now,just like this
都正這樣坐著 就像這樣…
Having breakfast, drinkin’ coffee, eating bagels,
吃著早餐 喝著咖啡 吃著百吉圈
reading this goddamn review?
讀著這篇見鬼的評論?
Then why do you give a shit all of a sudden?
那你為什么突然在意起這些了呢?
Since when did you care about reviews?
你什么時候在意過評論了?
Because I’ve never tried to write a real novel before.
你什么時候在意過評論了?
Do you understand that?
你明白嗎?
This is different. This This is my baby.
這不一樣 這…這就像我的小孩
This is, you know, literature.
它是 文學
This could be the next great American novel.
它可能成為美國下一部經典小說
This could put me in the company of Mailers and Roths and Bellows.
它可能讓我躋身于美樂 羅斯 比露這樣的公司
The other stuff Come on. It’s just fluff.
更何況 拜托 以前的只是些雞毛蒜皮
It’s just detective novels. This is supposed to be more.
只是些偵探小說 而這個應該會很好的
Look, and it ls more, man, regardless of what the critics say.
聽著 是很好呀 只要別去管評論家的話