Evelyn Berman-Silverman's office.
艾芙蘭伯嫚席佛曼辦公室
Hi, Jennifer. It's Miles again.
嗨,珍妮佛。還是我,邁爾斯。
Oh, hi, Miles. Hi. - Let me see if I can get her. - Okay.
你好。邁爾斯,我看看她在不在. - 好
You're in luck. I'll put you through. - Okay.
你太幸運了,我幫你轉接 - 好
Hi, Miles. - Hi, Evelyn. It's your favorite client.
你好。邁爾斯. - 你好,伊芙琳.是你最受寵的客戶。
How's the trip?
你的旅行如何?
Oh, it's good, it's good. You know, we're drinking some good wines, kicking back.
還不錯,我們喝了很多好酒 很輕松,非常好
It's very nice. - Right. - So what's happening? There's still no word, huh?
現在怎么樣,還是沒有消息嗎?
Well, actually, there is word. I spoke to Keith Kurtzman this morning.
其實是有消息.我今天早上和凱斯頓談過
Right. And? - And... they're passing.
嗯,然后呢? - 他們放棄出版
Conundrum's passing. He said they really liked it.
謎語出版社.他說他很喜歡 他們很希望能出版
They really wanted to do it, but they just couldn't figure out how to market it.
但是他們不知道該如何行銷
He said it was a really tough call.
他說當時真的很難下這個決定
Oh. Right.- I'm sorry, Miles.
好吧。 - 對不起,麥斯
So I don't know where that leaves us.
我不知道我們接下來該如何
I'm not sure how much more mileage I can get out of continuing to submit it.
我不知道我繼續…給出版社看著作,會有多大的作用
I think it's one of those unfortunate cases in the business right now.a-a fabulous book with no home.
我想這就是出版業的不幸案例.一本非常棒的書 但是找不到一個家
The whole industry's gotten gutless. It's not about the quality of the books anymore.It's only about the marketing.
整個產業都失去了膽識.這跟書本身的品質無關 而是跟行銷有關