I can’t get by on nursing. There’s just not enough sick people in town.
我不能只當護士 鎮上生病的人不多
Forever.
超久
It’s not so bad. Most people in Ray have two jobs. Some have three.
還好啦, 雷鎮的居民大多有兩個以上的工作
That’s so unfair.
真不公平
I’m also Assistant Fire Chief. Oh, really?
我也是消防隊助理喔 真的嗎
Then could you ask the gentleman behind us to please put out his cigarette?
那你可以幫我們跟那位先生說 叫他不要吸煙嗎
Yeah, I can’t do that. That’s Earl. He owns the place.
嗯有點不行耶,那是歐爾 他是這家店的老板
Well, why’s it called Annette’s? Annette was his wife.
這家店不是安奈特的嗎? 那是他老婆
She divorced him about 10 years ago. He doesn’t want to repaint.
她們十年前就離婚了 因為他不想重新整修招牌,所以..
Excuse me?
不好意思
Hi. I’m Meryl Foster. I’m Clay’s cousin.
我是梅莉福斯特,我是警長的親戚
And this is my husband, Paul. We’re visiting from Chicago.
這是我丈夫保羅,我們從芝加哥來的
Howdydo? I’m Earl Granger. My granddaughter, Lucy.
你好?我是關歐爾 這是我孫女露西
Howdy. Howdy.
你好 你好
I was just wondering, would you mind terribly
我只是想問你是否可以
blowing the smoke in another direction?
到另外一個地方吸煙
Thank you.
謝謝
Chicago?
芝加哥?
I don’t know how you do things in Chicago, I never been there,
我不知道芝加哥是怎樣,我沒去過
but this is Godfearing American country.
但這里可不是芝加哥, 這里是淳樸的小鎮
We don’t take kindly to outsiders trying to tell us how to live.
我們不需要外地人來教我們做什么
Well, people in Chicago are just as American and Godfearing as people in Wyoming.
芝加哥的人和懷俄明州人并沒有什么兩樣, 芝加哥人也是很淳樸的美國人