Your father decided that he needed to have an office...
你爸決定他需要一間辦公室…
and, of course, it wouldn't do to have it in the house.
當然,你爸根本沒法動手
So... You'll know better than me what's important.
所以…你比我清楚什么比較重要
What is it?
那是什么?
It was during the war. Your father went missing. They thought he was dead.
戰時的文件.你爸失蹤,軍方以為他陣亡了
Oh, that really happened?
那是真的?
Not everything your father says is a complete fabrication.
你爸說的不全都是謊言
I think I'll go check on him.
我想我要去看看他
I need to lie down for a bit. - Okay, go.
我要去躺一下 - 好,去吧
After the war, the sons of Alabama returned home, looking for work.
戰后,阿拉巴馬的年輕人返鄉找工作
Each had the advantage over me. They were alive, while I was officially deceased.
每個人都比我強.在我被宣告陣亡時,他們都活著
With my prospects few... I took a job as a traveling salesman. It suited me.
由于我的機會不多…我成了推銷員,這很適合我
If there was one thing you can say about Edward Bloom.it's that I am a social person.
要說愛德華布魯有啥特質…就是我是個善于交際的人
Congratulations. - Thank you, sir.
恭喜了 -謝謝
I could be gone for weeks at a time.
我可能一離家就是一周
But every other Friday, I put all the money I made.into an account set aside for a proper house...
但每半個月 我就會把我賺的錢…全存入銀行…
with a white picket fence.
只為買棟有白色離笆的房子
I'd like a moment of your time to tell you about my new product.the Handi-matic.
各位,請看我的新產品…魔奇手
A few years later, I added other products and other cities until my territory stretched from the coast to western Texas.
幾年后,我多加了一些商品…從沿岸拓展業務到德州西部