Yeah! There's gotta be close to $400 here! And that's just from the drawers.
這里差不多有400元!這還只是柜臺的現金
Let's see what you got from the vault.
金庫里有多少?
This is it? The whole vault? - I'm afraid so.
就這樣?整個金庫耶? - 恐怕是的
It's got your deposit slip on it.
里面還有你的存款條
Well, I just didn't want you leaving empty-handed.
我不想讓你空手而歸
There's something you should know. The reason they don't have money...
銀行之所以沒錢…
I told Norther about the vagaries of Texas oil money and its effect on real-estate prices...
我告訴諾德關于 德州油價的反覆無常…還有它對房地產的影響…
and how lax enforcement of fiduciary process had made savings and loans particularly vulnerable.
而由于信用審核過于寬松…讓銀行體制瀕臨崩解
Hearing this news, Norther was left with one conclusion:
諾德聽了這些消息后 得到了一個結論
I should go to Wall Street. That's where all the money is.
我要去華爾街,錢都在那里
I knew then that while my days as a criminal were over...
我知道我的犯罪生涯結束了…
Thanks for the hand!
謝謝你助我一臂之力!
Norther's were just beginning.
而諾德才正要開始
When Norther made his first million dollars he sent me a check for 10,000.
當諾德賺到他第一個一百萬時…他寄了張一萬元的支票給我
I protested, but he said it was my fee as his career advisor.
我不肯收 但他說那是付我職涯諮商的費用
It was enough to buy my wife a proper house with a white picket fence.
那筆錢足以買房子給我老婆…當然還有白離笆
And for that, it was all the riches a man could ever want.
而那是每個人都會想要有的