Larry Puckett's Chevrolet lets the customer do the talking.
賴氏汽車以客為尊
Larry Puckett's GM-certified vehicles are under factory warranty.
賴氏汽車品質保證
And you can save up to 40 percent off the original MSRP.
價格比市價便宜四成
Did I ever tell you about...? - Yes.
我有沒有說過…? -說過了
The maple tree and the Buick? We've heard it.
楓樹和別克車的故事,聽過了
I know someone who hasn't.
我知道有人沒聽過
The... - Tree fell on the car, spilling the syrup.
那個… -楓樹倒在車上,流出楓糖漿
Which attracted the flies, which got stuck to it and flew off with the whole car.
結果吸引了一堆蒼蠅,全都黏住了…結果他們帶著整臺車飛走了
But the real story is how I got the car.
但那輛車的來頭可厲害了
You see... - Dad? - Son.
你看… -爸? - 兒子
Can we talk?
我們能談談嗎?
I think I'll get started on these dishes. - I'll help you.
我去洗碗 - 我幫你
You know about icebergs, Dad? - Do I? I saw an iceberg once.
爸,你知道冰山嗎? -知道?我就看過一次
They were hauling it down to Texas for drinking water.
它被拉到德州當飲用水源
They didn't count on there being an elephant frozen inside.
卻沒想到里面有只大象
- The woolly kind. A mammoth. - Dad!
毛茸茸的那種,長毛象 -爸!
What? - I'm trying to make a metaphor here.
怎么? - 我只是想打個比方
Well, you shouldn't have started with a question.because people want to answer questions.
那你就不該用問句開頭…人遇到問題就會回答
You should've started with, "The thing about icebergs is..."
你該說:“關于冰山…”
Okay, okay. The thing about icebergs is you only see 10 percent.
好吧 關于冰山,你只看得到10%…
The other 90 percent is below the water where you can't see it.
其他90%都隱藏在水下
And that's... what it is with you, Dad.
而你…你就是這樣
I am only seeing this little bit.that sticks above the water.
我只看得到…浮出水面的那一小部份
Oh, you're only seeing down to my nose? My chin? My...
你只看得到我的鼻子、下巴?
Dad, I have no idea who you are... because you've never told me a single fact.
爸,我不知道你是誰…因為你從未告訴我實話
I've told you a thousand facts, Will. That's what I do, I tell stories!
我跟你講過的可多了 我就是這樣,我講故事!
You tell... lies, Dad.
你講的…是謊言
Stories are what you tell a 5-year-old at bedtime.
故事是拿來哄5歲小孩的
They're not elaborate mythologies that you maintain when your son is 10 and 15 and 20 and 30.
不是你兒子已經2、30歲了.還繼續編造的神話
And I believed you. I believed your stories so much longer than I should have.
我相信過你.我相信你太久了
Then when I realized everything you said was impossible.I felt like a fool to have trusted you.
當我發現你說的根本是天方夜譚…我覺得只有笨蛋才會相信你
You're like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. Just as charming and just as fake.
你就像圣誕老人加復活節兔子.迷人卻虛假
You think I'm fake.
你認為我虛假
Only on the surface, Dad. But it's all I've ever seen.
表面上是,而我也只看到表面
Look. I'm about to have... a kid of my own.
聽著.我自己的孩子…已即將出生
It would kill me if he went through his whole life.never understanding me.
他若不了解我… 我會很痛苦
It would kill you, huh? What do you want, Will? Who do you want me to be?
你會很痛苦?你想要怎樣? 你要我變成什么樣的人?
Just yourself. Good, bad, everything. Just show me who you are for once.
就是你自己.好壞皆然 讓我看一次你真正的面貌
I've been nothing but myself since the day I was born.
我從出生起就一直是我自己
And if you can't see that, it's your failing, not mine!
你看不出來是你的錯,錯不在我!